Dark/TM

vagrantbliss

Hello,

This is my first build/post. I was wondering if I was missing anything major here or something I could add. Not really sure how I should slot life drain as it will be part of my attack chain. I am also in favor of hover/fly but could be convinced otherwise. Thank you in advance!

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gloom -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(7)
Level 1: Time Wall -- Dcm-Build%(A)
Level 2: Umbral Torrent -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(29), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(31), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(31), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(33)
Level 4: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(9)
Level 6: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(9)
Level 8: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(11), StnoftheM-Acc/ActRdx/Rng(11), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(13), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), StnoftheM-Dam%(15)
Level 10: Chronos -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(15), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(19), GssSynFr--Build%(19)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Tenebrous Tentacles -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(37)
Level 16: End of Time -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(37), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Obl-%Dam(50)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal(48), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), DefBuff-I(25)
Level 26: Life Drain -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(40), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(45)
Level 28: Abyssal Gaze -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), BslGaz-Acc/Rchg(46), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(48)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 32: Blackstar -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(34), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Time Lord -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 41: Night Fall -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(42), Artl-Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(43), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(43)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- StdPrt-ResKB(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(27)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(7)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Agility Radial Boost 
------------

I have a Dark/Temp/Force, I can offer a few points of comparison, with some advice sprinked in.

No real advice for slotting the ATOs, I have Defiant Barrage in the Level 1 attack (Gloom) for the +Status,  and Blaster's Wrath in End of Time. Keep in mind you can always fire the T1 and T2 primary when under control.

Time Wall: I also have this single slotted, but I have a level 53 Hami-O Endoplasm (Acc/Mez). This power helps trigger "TIME STOP' so I think it needs both accuracy and duration.

Umbral Torrent: I have this franken-slotted with range and %damage

Level 2: Umbral Torrent

• (A) HamiO:Centriole Exposure
  • (37) HamiO:Nucleolus Exposure
  • (46) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 30
  • (48) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy): Level 50
  • (48) Javelin Volley - Chance of Damage(Lethal): Level 50
  • (46) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown: Level 50

I delayed the choice of Aim until level 47; with Chronos it isn't needed/doesn't help as much. I have the same slotting on Chronos. My Aim is one-slotted (recharge)

I have Moonbeam 5-slotted with Sting of the Manticore and the Gladiator's Javelin %Toxic. This is a tricky power to slot, as the level range for Sting of the Manticore is 35-50, but the power is a key attack at lower levels. The set bonus is too good to pass up IMO. This is a strong motivation for as many Accuracy bonuses as possible.

I have Preventive Medicine as the 6-lot choice for Temporal Healing.

I have Life Drain franken-slotted as a backup attack, there are many options for this power:
Level 26: Life Drain

• (A)Touch of the Nictus - Healing: Level 50
  • (29) Touch of the Nictus - Accuracy/Healing: Level 50
  • (29) Touch of the Nictus - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 50
  • (31) Gladiator's Javelin - Accuracy/Damage: Level 50
  • (31) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic): Level 30
  • (31) Cloud Senses - Chance for Negative Energy Damage: Level 30

IMO Blackstar merits a 6th slot with a %damage proc, since it is the AoE Nuke.

I passed on Abyssal Gaze. Time Stop (at level 6, I have 6xGladiator's Net) synergizes much better with the rest of the powers (certainly the Secondary) than a single-target Fear. YMMV. It looks like you aren't leaning too hard into the secondary, so I can understand what I think you are going for.

I found that once I hit level 50 (no Incarnates, just bonuses and accolades) I only needed 1 slot in Health and Stamina. This is somewhat common for most of my builds, I seem to write it every time 🙂 My advice is to use an unslotter on those powers to see how much you really need the non-global Performance Shifter. You will probably need it leveling up, of course.

Edited by tidge

Thanks for the quick response!

All really great suggestions and I've implemented a number of them (I would like to stay at 46% ranged defense).

I was vastly under using proc IO's so I've put those in where I could

Abyssal Gaze is actually a hold on blasters so that was a tough decision but I think you're right that Time Stop would synergize a lot better with the overall build. I would also like to switch to Gladiator's net in Time Stop but it puts me just short of my defense goal!

New build is below

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.4.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Dark Blast
Secondary Power Set: Temporal Manipulation
Power Pool: Flight
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Gloom -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(7)
Level 1: Time Wall -- HO:Endo(A)
Level 2: Umbral Torrent -- HO:Centri(A), HO:Nucle(29), CldSns-%Dam(29), PstBls-Dam%(31), JvlVll-Dam%(31), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(33)
Level 4: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel(A), BlsoftheZ-ResKB(9)
Level 6: Time Stop -- Lck-Acc/Hold(A), Lck-Acc/Rchg(9), Lck-Rchg/Hold(27), Lck-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), Lck-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(46), Lck-%Hold(46)
Level 8: Moonbeam -- StnoftheM-Acc/Dmg(A), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx(11), StnoftheM-Dmg/ActRdx/Rchg(11), StnoftheM-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), StnoftheM-Dam%(13), GldJvl-Dam%(15)
Level 10: Chronos -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(15), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(17), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(19), GssSynFr--Build%(19)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 14: Tenebrous Tentacles -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(36), Artl-Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(36), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(37), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(37)
Level 16: End of Time -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(50)
Level 18: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Temporal Healing -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(21), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(27), NmnCnv-Heal(48), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(50)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(23), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(23)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), DefBuff-I(25)
Level 26: Life Drain -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(40), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), CldSns-%Dam(45)
Level 28: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(48)
Level 30: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(31)
Level 32: Blackstar -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Acc/Rchg(34), Erd-%Dam(34), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Tactics -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Time Lord -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 41: Night Fall -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(42), Artl-Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(43), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(43)
Level 44: Dark Embrace -- StdPrt-ResKB(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(45), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45)
Level 47: Aim -- RctRtc-ToHit/Rchg(A), RctRtc-Pcptn(48)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(7)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Agility Radial Boost 
------------