AE Bug: Doesn't always grant Testing badges in Test Mode

GM Impervium

• Lead Game Master

Spent an hour figuring this one out tonight.

When you go to test your AE mission, it doesn't always grant you the badges for testing an arc. You have to make a change to the arc, and then select "Save and Test" from within the editor. If you just click "Test" from your main browser, you're still in Test Mode, but the game won't grant the badges.

At least, that was my experience with tonight.

Affected Badges (may not be a complete list, but I was unable to confirm or write-off the others):

Virtual Extractor
Virtual Destruction
Virtually Impulsive

If anyone has any corroborating (Or contradicting!) info, please post here. Otherwise devs, just another item for the ol' Bug Tracker!

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

I was able to get those three badges (after a bunch of testing) eventually. You can only get one per test run, so I wound up making each objective the only objective. Just making some edits didn't seem to be doing it, but when I created a new objective (a new rescue, a new collectible, for instance), that seemed to do the trick. Just making some other edits without (re)creating the objective I was trying to get the badge for didn't work. So it's probably a bit buggy but there is a workaround. Hope this helps. 🙂