Server time zones

rip41

Anyone know what the actual time zone(s) of the servers?  More to the point.. If you live closer to the west coast USA.... what is a good server to fit the time zone in order to have good activity late afternoon through midnight, etc. . 

Thanks.

To the best of my current knowledge, all servers operating the majority of Shards on the Homecoming are situated in Montreal, Canada (Eastern Time Zone).  The exception is Reunion, which is based out of Germany.

The majority of players on Everlasting, I assume (and it's a fairly baseless assumption) are also in the Eastern Time Zone or +/-1, although plenty of Pacific and Mountain Time players too.  Occasionally international players also muck about on Everlasting, despite the latency issues they suffer from that distance.

Most of the nightly Everlasting clubs open around 7 or 8pm Eastern, and many of the Raids and similar events go from 6pm to midnight (again, in Eastern).

Roughly, anyway.  People who engage in these activities routinely probably have a better grasp of the times they're conducted.

As for the other Shards, I don't think any of them have been declared "dibs" by any particular time zone groups, but Excelsior does have the largest population overall, so it's likely that you'll find folks on that Shard at more hours throughout the day.

• Thumbs Up 1