Email macros?

I get a LOT of email, and I would like to create a couple of macros to help me clean out my inbox. However, the commands /emaildelete and /emailread don't seem to do anything. Is there some magic I am missing? I realize that each takes a message number, and I have tried 0, 1, 2, 100, and nothing seems to have any effect. If anyone has any idea what is going on, I would appreciate some advice.

David

• 1 year later

You're out of luck.

/emailread and /emaildelete are internal commands that can only be used by the game system. If we were privy to the indexed inventory ID number for each email, we'd probably be able to use it... but that info is not accessible to players. 

Also, an "indexed" item is one where the game system assigns an ID number to the item that is based on the order of occurrence but also on the given structure of the data. It can potentially assign each item a new ID number each time the game client is restarted. Although not completely random, for all intents and purposes for the player, it's basically random.  According to the game files, it utilizes an unsigned 64 bit process (U64) to do this. This means that an email message could have an ID number anywhere from 0 to 2^64-1 (2 to the 64th power minus 1). That's 0 to 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 (yep, that's quintillion). The ID number could be anything within that huge range, and the likelihood that it's a manageable number between 0-100 is remotely possible but very, very low. This effectively makes the message ID number of any email message impossible to figure out. Any slash command that requires a message ID number is therefore also impossible for players to use, including /emailread and /emaildelete that both require message ID numbers.

UPDATE: 12/18/22

I was just made aware of some information that shed light on the fact that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to the in-game email system! Everything I wrote above I did find in the configuration files, and it did seem to be related to email... and it still might be. However, there's a lot of guesswork I'm doing since I'm not a programmer and can't just read the code and understand it like an expert.

The new information I got was the ID numbers for 3 of my most recent global emails. They are surprisingly small numbers and sequential. The IDs were: 920, 921, 923.   I have no idea if these ID numbers are the "Message ID" numbers that /emailread and /emaildelete require. All I know is that neither command seems to work... still. I tried reading and deleting messages from both my global and my local emails. Nada.

Edited by BlackSpectre