Advice for building a Sentinel?

sutasafaia

I've been looking at Sentinels for a bit, finally deciding it's time to make one, but not quite sure what sets to use yet. For secondary I've been looking at Regen, WP, and SR. All three work for the concept I've been working on. All three also look really good so I'm not sure which to choose between. Primary...Beam Rifle? Maybe? I can make anything work for primary but since I've only ever played melee characters before I am at a complete loss for what's actually good for primary.

I also have to ask, how does this AT do for soloing? I've only really played brutes and stalkers and I am having some doubts as to whether or not sentinel is going to hold up trying to solo something like +4/x8 without getting squashed pretty quickly. I normally have a single min/maxed soloer and then play all my concept characters in groups with my fiance, but I keep getting the itch to try and solo a sentinel. Really wondering if it's going to lead to frustration instead of fun in the long run.

I don't see /regen doing +4/+8 until IOs are factored in. Alpha strike won't be kind to that power set as is. If I were trying to min/max a solo sentinel, I would go either Dark/sr or Dark/wp.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."