I'd love to be able to convert large stacks of Incarnate Threads into bundles that can be shared across your account

At the risk of bringing up a divisive topic or accidentally using necromancy to resurrect a dead horse just so it can be beaten again, I was looking at a few of my level 50 characters and I realized something: "Whoa, this character has a lot of threads. Oh, so does that one"

Ordinarily that would be a good thing... except some of these stacks of threads are on characters that have all or mostly Tier 4 or Tier 3 incarnate powers, or characters that I don't really intend to invest in incarnate powers on, and are pretty much set in that department.

So I know being able to turn threads back into merits would probably be a little busted and hurt the in-game economy, but I was wondering if it might be possible to add a functionality to Merit Vendors that would allow us to convert large numbers of incarnate threads into a new type of salvage.

As an example, maybe we could "bundle" Incarnate Threads at any merit vendor at the cost of 100 Threads and... I don't know, a single reward merit? A million influence? There are a lot of possibilities here. Converting 100 Threads and 1 Reward Merit (or whatever the cost may ultimately be) into one unit of a new type of salvage -- say, an 'Incarnate Swatch' or something -- could let us share that new type of salvage across our own account (but it would not be able to be traded/sold to other players, just like normal incarnate salvage).

I feel like this would be useful for those of us diagnosed with a case of acute, crippling Altitis, but whose treads are just going to waste on other characters where we've focused our efforts to the point that threads have zero use for them. What do you all think?

~@Runo

• Thumbs Up 4

I think a 'thread tax' per conversion would make this reasonable.  Sometimes you get into a situation  where every thread counts, and other times you don't.  It'd help with player discretion to cause a bit of loss, and encourage more play to offset the 'tax.'  But yes, love this idea.

• Like 1