Bungee Bodies

srmalloy

I've been noticing an oddity with the ragdoll animation recently. When a mob is knocked over or falls over a railing, sometimes it appears that they have an invisible bungee strap attached to them, and they will start bouncing up and down in mid-air as if suspended from the railing. Most of the time, this happens with defeated mobs, but yesterday I had this happen in the Defeat Toothbreaker Jones mission in KR when my Scrapper had knocked a mob over the railing in the first room of the map, and he was bouncing up and down mostly out of range for a melee attack. Having to try to time my attack so that he'd be at the bottom and in range was like whacking at a pi񡴡 someone was jerking up and down.

Another less entertaining quirk with the ragdoll animation was in the Rescue Manticore mission, where I knocked the second 'Arachnos' lieutenant back, and he got his boot hung up on the glass case in the middle of the room, and it apparently locked his foot there, making it impossible for him to stand up. I stood there and watched for fifteen seconds, and he just twitched with his foot stuck up on the display case, so I finally gave up and finished him off.

While I have to admit that this is an awesome soft CC, and often hilarious to watch, the fact that it's heavily dependent on the environment, and appears to be unbreakable by the victim, leads me to believe that this is not working as intended. I do wish that I had been able to record the Council soldier making two-floor-high bounces after being defeated and falling off the railing he was standing on, though.