Kinetic/Sonic feedback

rawhal3

I designed this character to mostly assist in dedicated Fire Farm. Any areas of improvement or big red flags you guys see?

*edit* - I know there a few empty slots for Reach IOs that I just never slotted in Mids. I got a little lazy at the end.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.6.0
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Science Defender
Primary Power Set: Kinetics
Secondary Power Set: Sonic Attack
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Speed
Ancillary Pool: Flame Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Transfusion -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(3), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(5), NmnCnv-Heal(5), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(7)
Level 1: Shriek -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(11), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(11)
Level 2: Siphon Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 4: Repel -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), SuddAcc--KB/+KD(13)
Level 6: Howl -- SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(17), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(37)
Level 8: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(21), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(23)
Level 10: Maneuvers -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(23), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(25), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-EndRdx(45)
Level 12: Stealth -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(13), Rct-Def/EndRdx(29), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(29), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(31), Rct-Def/Rchg(31)
Level 14: Tactics -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(34), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(36), GssSynFr--ToHit(36), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(36)
Level 16: Shout -- SprDfnBst-Rchg/Heal%(A), SprDfnBst-Dmg/Rchg(33), SprDfnBst-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(33), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg(34), SprDfnBst-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34)
Level 18: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-Max HP%(27), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(37), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(39)
Level 20: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), LucoftheG-Def(39), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(40), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), Ksm-ToHit+(40)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(46)
Level 24: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Transference -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Siren's Song -- SprVglAss-Acc/Dmg(A), SprVglAss-Dmg/Rchg(45), SprVglAss-Rchg/+Absorb(45)
Level 30: Speed Boost -- Empty(A)
Level 32: Fulcrum Shift -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 35: Consume -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A)
Level 38: Dreadful Wail -- SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(50)
Level 41: Fire Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(46), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(46), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(48), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(48)
Level 44: Increase Density -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 47: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Siphon Speed -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Hct-Dam%(A), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Hct-Dmg(43), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(43), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Vigilance 
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(42)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(42)
------------

Edited by rawhal3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I suggest that if you want to bring a kin to assist a Brute, the optimized companion would be a fire/kin corruptor, next in line a water/kin corruptor.  

Corruptors will reach caps as well and the vast dmg of corruptors with fire at max cap will beat the defender kin/sonic.  

If you don't have a choice, then and only then, I will chip in with kin/sonic build in regards to fire farming, because if you are rerolling to a fire/kin, then that will be on another thread, but heads up, a very top notch build is already on the forums for fire/kin corruptors ( for farming). 

Edited by Voltak

4 hours ago, Voltak said:

I suggest that if you want to bring a kin to assist a Brute, the optimized companion would be a fire/kin corruptor, next in line a water/kin corruptor.  

Corruptors will reach caps as well and the vast dmg of corruptors with fire at max cap will beat the defender kin/sonic.  

If you don't have a choice, then and only then, I will chip in with kin/sonic build in regards to fire farming, because if you are rerolling to a fire/kin, then that will be on another thread, but heads up, a very top notch build is already on the forums for fire/kin corruptors ( for farming). 

I will be dual boxing both accounts. I am mostly using the Kin/Sonic for FS and SB but still be moderately useful (particuarly w/ res debuffing) in other content if I decide to take him outside of there. I targeted this build specifically to make it as survivable as I could while getting large amounts of recharge. The idea is to have it semi hands off and switch to buff the brute I am using as my main farmer.

16 hours ago, rawhal3 said:

I will be dual boxing both accounts. I am mostly using the Kin/Sonic for FS and SB but still be moderately useful (particuarly w/ res debuffing) in other content if I decide to take him outside of there. I targeted this build specifically to make it as survivable as I could while getting large amounts of recharge. The idea is to have it semi hands off and switch to buff the brute I am using as my main farmer.

Ok, you will be dual boxing. I get that. 

So you will be controlling the Brute the vast majority of the time and using the kin minimally. 

Still, you will have a better farm time or return if you go with a corruptor , not a defender kin.

A fire kin will do more dmg and still have you reach dmg cap.  Fireball and inferno, higher dmg base,  and scourge is just too good. 

The kin sonic defender is all ST dmg / debuff with the exception of howl and the nuke, but how is a cone and works better when targeting from range to maximize the cone. 

I am speaking from experience. 

I have a kin/sonic defender and a fire/kin corruptor

When it comes to clearing maps the fastest on a team , the fire/kin corruptor will normally beat the defender by a significant amount. 
Again, this is after doing this sort of thing over and over.  

So what I am saying is not based on theory or imagining how things might be. 

In practice, kin/sonic has not beaten fire/kin.   In your scenario, it won't either. 

*** Even better fire and forget assistance in a duo boxing scenario : 

Have a Spines/Fire brute follow the Rad/Fire brute around.  Easy survival , the most low maintenance dual boxing possible.  

Edited by Voltak