Star Wars Galaxy Legends

Techwright

Rogue server SWG Legends: has anyone around here played on it?  I'd like to know thoughts on it, especially if any once played and loved Star Wars Galaxy.  I'd long heard about the game, but never got to play it.  I used to hear as much "I miss it" chatter for that game as for CoH.  So I'm naturally curious about it.

• 2 months later
  • 2 weeks later
On 3/3/2022 at 3:26 AM, Techwright said:

Sooo...how is it? 

It's pretty fun on the first few hours, then it became a bit grinding. The missions are more focused on you killing someone/something from point A to B. The flying missions were cool though, the control was a bit complicated (and sometimes can be a bit janky) but it will become easier to navigate once you play the flying missions several times. Although, some interactions were a bit glitchy and I have to restarted the game just to get some interactions to appear (like the permission to land prompt that wouldn't appear after a few minute flying in space) The career options were cool and apparently you can have a house in-game. Contrary to what they claimed, SWG Legends launcher doesn't need actual copy of the game-- but you may need them if you want to have multiple game account or something.

Edited by Robin1996ify
  • Thumbs Up 1

Heroes, villains, no problem.

Have some cookies, you're welcome. 😄

Cookies.jpg.2b22cf3d06af9c1b815c84046ae060bb.jpg

Contrary to what they claimed, SWG Legends launcher doesn't need actual copy of the game-- but you may need them if you want to have multiple game account or something

Huh.  Interesting.  This is why I never tried it; I don't own a copy of the game.  Maybe I'll download the launcher and give it a shot, then.

• 3 months later
On 6/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, MetalSiryn said:

I'd love to play this game, but the only launchers I find require a copy of the game.  Can anyone provide a link for a launcher that doesn't need the copy of the game?

Like I said in my previous post, SWG Legends does not need the copy of the game (contrary to what they claimed). They only required it when you want to create multiple accounts/characters. Just download their launcher, install it, and done. Other accounts claimed that the SWG Legends launcher actually create their own folder put the game files there instead of auto-detect the actual folder where copy of SWG.exe located.

Heroes, villains, no problem.

Have some cookies, you're welcome. 😄

Cookies.jpg.2b22cf3d06af9c1b815c84046ae060bb.jpg