BUG?: Mapserver issues while opening large AE arcs

Ankylosaur

BUG?: When opening large AE files I consistently get a Mapserver timeout.

So I noticed this issue first on a PC with a VERY large arc I created. Every time I tried to edit it online, it would time out. In the end I simply edited my local copy until I was ready to publish - resigned to the fact that I would never be able to edit it once it was live.

More recently, I am on a much older (ancient) Mac, so it is slower to process everything (running on minimal graphics). When I open smaller arcs, it works just fine, allowing me to edit and update them. However, when I open some arcs that are not as big as the one above, but still larger than a typical one, I get the mapserver time out.

This makes me think it is all about how long it takes to open a large arc. The game freezes during the opening process as it downloads and digests the arc. I presume, during that time, it is no longer communicating with the mapserver and as a result - kicks me out. 

Any ideas on how to fix / workaround this?

(I put here instead of under Bugs since I realize the mapserver bit is working as intended - it can't talk to my client so I'm dropped - but still, maybe there is some way to extend the time when someone clicks on the Edit button in a published arc or while they are in the AE no powers editing room or something? if it is better to be under bugs please feel to move it.)

Edited by Ankylosaur

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc