Fire - Rad Proc Build

aaronares

The bones here are not bad at all.

Broadly speaking, you are a bit short on effective accuracy if measuring against +4's, especially in Greater Fire Sword, which has below 70% chance. Go to Options > Configuration > Exemping & base values and set base tohit to 39 to see these effective acc against +4's in power mouseover.

Consider finding a way to squeeze in some more local or global acc to a few powers that are running short. Kismet would be a big help as well for very little investment.

Another neat trick is to put the Siphon Insight +tohit proc in Beta Decay, as it will go off with very high uptime, given that it is checking for every mob in range every 10 seconds.

Your aoe is of course solid here between FSC, Ball Lightning, and Ground Zero.

Single target is a bit lacking, as you have a weakish Fire sword for filler. It's not too bad once you factor Zapp in the equation, but finding some room for giving Fire Sword a little love would make a good difference when on hard targets. In aoe situations you'll be kept busy enough rotating other powers that it won't matter as much.

A few more small notes:

• You are lacking the reactive scaling resist IO, which is especially helpful on a resist based set like Rad. A good spot would be weave, swapping 2 of the lotg's for reactives as well for a nicer set bonus.
  • No reason not to move shield wall unique to weave for earlier access. You can then match the two non +rech lotgs to Shield wall instead and get a better +HP bonus.
  • Consider swapping the strict +Damage IO in Ball Lightning for the KD proc, which is actually really nice mitigation, at the expense of very little damage given ED caps.
  • You can save a slot by muling the Gladiator +def IO in Meltdown.

/Rad already has it's fair share of built-in end support between Gamma, Rad therapy, and Particle Shielding. You can easily toss numina and at least the two extra slots in stamina and use them elsewhere. Remember that Rad Therapy returns end per enemy upon cast.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

The bones here are not bad at all.

Broadly speaking, you are a bit short on effective accuracy if measuring against +4's, especially in Greater Fire Sword, which has below 70% chance. Go to Options > Configuration > Exemping & base values and set base tohit to 39 to see these effective acc against +4's in power mouseover.

Consider finding a way to squeeze in some more local or global acc to a few powers that are running short. Kismet would be a big help as well for very little investment.

Another neat trick is to put the Siphon Insight +tohit proc in Beta Decay, as it will go off with very high uptime, given that it is checking for every mob in range every 10 seconds.

Your aoe is of course solid here between FSC, Ball Lightning, and Ground Zero.

Single target is a bit lacking, as you have a weakish Fire sword for filler. It's not too bad once you factor Zapp in the equation, but finding some room for giving Fire Sword a little love would make a good difference when on hard targets. In aoe situations you'll be kept busy enough rotating other powers that it won't matter as much.

A few more small notes:

• You are lacking the reactive scaling resist IO, which is especially helpful on a resist based set like Rad. A good spot would be weave, swapping 2 of the lotg's for reactives as well for a nicer set bonus.
  • No reason not to move shield wall unique to weave for earlier access. You can then match the two non +rech lotgs to Shield wall instead and get a better +HP bonus.
  • Consider swapping the strict +Damage IO in Ball Lightning for the KD proc, which is actually really nice mitigation, at the expense of very little damage given ED caps.
  • You can save a slot by muling the Gladiator +def IO in Meltdown.

/Rad already has it's fair share of built-in end support between Gamma, Rad therapy, and Particle Shielding. You can easily toss numina and at least the two extra slots in stamina and use them elsewhere. Remember that Rad Therapy returns end per enemy upon cast.

appreciate the advice, this is version 2 . how is the acc now? is it over kill for the tohit procs now? can the two stack or alternate? is it worth have two tohit procs ? also beta decay is pbaoe -def which is functionally +acc to me.  

Fire--Rad-- Proc build V2.mxd

1 hour ago, aaronares said:

appreciate the advice, this is version 2 . how is the acc now? is it over kill for the tohit procs now? can the two stack or alternate? is it worth have two tohit procs ? also beta decay is pbaoe -def which is functionally +acc to me.  

I'll take a look later when I'm not on mobile!

I would only bother with one tohit proc, though yes I believe they can stack. You can always run with one and see if the uptime feels good enough, and modify later if needed.

The -defense values on beta decay are not super strong, and they will be strongly reduced by purple patch against +3s and +4s.

Edit: Looking really nice! Accuracy is great now across the board.

One little idea that could push you closer to softcap and free up a few slots:

• Swap the slotting in your resists armors for a +3 ribosome and +5 resist IO. This keeps the enhancement totals and frees up 6 slots.
  • Use 3 to mule brawl for Kinetic Melee, bringing your S/L up. You lose melee defense, but get higher S/L.
  • Now you have 3 slots to have fun with.

Another consideration is that damage procs are sort of dicey in Beta Decay. It's fine free bonus damage, but a bit unreliable, and you might be better served by a 5 slot siphon insight. You still have room for a proc of your choice here if you like, and will be even closer to softcap, with some enhanced -tohit as well.

The Siphon proc is more reliable than damage procs, as it buffs you directly, rather than going off at random on mobs unevenly.

I actually messed with this concept further, while keeping the bones of your build the same, and put together one in which you have S/L softcap. You do sacrifice one purple set, but gain softcap here, along with a modest boost to S/L resist as well. Acc is still solid even without Siphon proc going off, and perfect with the proc firing.

Build:

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Fiery Melee
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Sword -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(5), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Cremate -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(11), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Gamma Boost -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(13), RctArm-ResDam(15), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- HO:Ribo(A), ResDam-I(17)
Level 12: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(17), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(21), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(23), ScrDrv-Dam%(23), TchoftheN-%Dam(25), TchoftheN-Heal(25), ThfofEss-+End%(27)
Level 18: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(31), SphIns-ToHitDeb(31), SphIns-%ToHit(33)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(34), Rct-ResDam%(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 26: Incinerate -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), Prv-Heal(39)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Greater Fire Sword -- GldStr-%Dam(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40), HO:Nucle(42), Hct-Dam%(42), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(42)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 38: Meltdown -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 41: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Zapp -- Apc-Dam%(A), Dcm-Build%(45), Apc-Dmg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(13), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(15), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 12: Speed Phase 
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------

Edited by Onlyasandwich

On 3/2/2022 at 2:28 PM, Onlyasandwich said:

I'll take a look later when I'm not on mobile!

I would only bother with one tohit proc, though yes I believe they can stack. You can always run with one and see if the uptime feels good enough, and modify later if needed.

The -defense values on beta decay are not super strong, and they will be strongly reduced by purple patch against +3s and +4s.

Edit: Looking really nice! Accuracy is great now across the board.

One little idea that could push you closer to softcap and free up a few slots:

• Swap the slotting in your resists armors for a +3 ribosome and +5 resist IO. This keeps the enhancement totals and frees up 6 slots.
  • Use 3 to mule brawl for Kinetic Melee, bringing your S/L up. You lose melee defense, but get higher S/L.
  • Now you have 3 slots to have fun with.

Another consideration is that damage procs are sort of dicey in Beta Decay. It's fine free bonus damage, but a bit unreliable, and you might be better served by a 5 slot siphon insight. You still have room for a proc of your choice here if you like, and will be even closer to softcap, with some enhanced -tohit as well.

The Siphon proc is more reliable than damage procs, as it buffs you directly, rather than going off at random on mobs unevenly.

I actually messed with this concept further, while keeping the bones of your build the same, and put together one in which you have S/L softcap. You do sacrifice one purple set, but gain softcap here, along with a modest boost to S/L resist as well. Acc is still solid even without Siphon proc going off, and perfect with the proc firing.

Build:

Reveal hidden contents

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Fiery Melee
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Fire Sword -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(3), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(3)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam(5), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(5), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(7)
Level 2: Cremate -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(9), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(11), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11)
Level 4: Gamma Boost -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(A), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(13), RctArm-ResDam(15), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(33)
Level 8: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- HO:Ribo(A), ResDam-I(17)
Level 12: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 14: Boxing -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(17), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(21), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(23), ScrDrv-Dam%(23), TchoftheN-%Dam(25), TchoftheN-Heal(25), ThfofEss-+End%(27)
Level 18: Fire Sword Circle -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(19), Arm-Acc/Rchg(27), Arm-Dmg(29), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- SphIns-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SphIns-ToHitDeb/EndRdx/Rchg(31), SphIns-Acc/ToHitDeb(31), SphIns-ToHitDeb(31), SphIns-%ToHit(33)
Level 22: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A)
Level 24: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def(33), Rct-Def/EndRdx(34), Rct-ResDam%(34), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(34)
Level 26: Incinerate -- SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(36), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(36), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(37)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(37), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg(39), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39), Prv-Heal(39)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(40)
Level 32: Greater Fire Sword -- GldStr-%Dam(A), Mk'Bit-Dam%(40), TchofDth-Dam%(40), HO:Nucle(42), Hct-Dam%(42), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(42)
Level 35: Ground Zero -- Obl-%Dam(A), Erd-%Dam(43), AchHee-ResDeb%(43), TchofLadG-%Dam(43), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(45)
Level 38: Meltdown -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A)
Level 41: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Zapp -- Apc-Dam%(A), Dcm-Build%(45), Apc-Dmg(46), Apc-Acc/Rchg(46), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(46), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48)
Level 47: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Knock%(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(48), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 49: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Brawl -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(13), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(15), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(19)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 12: Speed Phase 
Level 49: Quick Form 
------------

sorry didnt notice u replied. i like what u did here def made the build more tanky. but i was looking it over. and i decided id rather have a lil more rech and dmg procs in beta decay. i know they dont go off super consistent but im ok with that. im willing to give up some def for more offensive build. i can always take melee hybrid. barrier and purple inspies for more tankieness  that being said i impleted a ton of your tweaks and came up with this version

Fire Rad proc build.mxd

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, aaronares said:

any gaping holes in this build i missed? 

Absolutely nothing wrong with going all out offence, even if the cost for hitting softcap isn't much of a diversion from this goal. /Rad should still be reasonably sturdy in most circumstances anyhow.

New build looks good! No real criticisms here.

Note that you can safely +5 boost any PVP or Purple IOs without affecting exemplar set bonuses. They act as attuned no matter what. If money is no object, this can bump Ball Lightning, Zapp, and Weave a bit further. While you're at it, hit up Hasten, Build Up, and any other plain non-set IO in the build as well.

If you want to squeeze a bit of extra offensive power, consider doing the same Ribosome/+5 Resist IO maneuver to one of Proton or Alpha

• You could use one of the saved slots on a damage proc in Incinerate.
  • The other saved slot could go to a damage proc in ball lightning or fire sword circle.