Thug Roleplay

Erydanus

Important note: I am discussing a build for roleplay/experimentation and not a main build. It would be a secondary build not used for real teaming.

So, for a while I've been interested in doing a build where I could experiment with lots of the new and revised pool powers, like Fighting, as well as the tier 5s we now get in some which just seem interesting to me. But I've been having a hard time figuring out which AT to do such a build in. It wouldn't make any sense to me to try a fighting pool focused character as a scrapper - you could just play street justice. On the other hand going too deep in support doesn't make any sense either because they'll be so weak you'll never get anywhere. Someone gave me the suggestion of Sentinel and I thought that was promising.

But then it hit me: why not do a mastermind and actually just use the primary attacks? That rounds out the concept "thug with a gun and some punches." And you also get a secondary powerset which is support focused which could really help make such an RP build work. Plus there's enough diversity in the choices you could easily do a "normal guy ex gang member" build or actually have minor super powers if that concept works better.

At that point it hit me, "well DUH play Thugs!" because you get a couple gun attacks, plus if you're RPing as a gang member you could call your gang for support and take Gang War as your only pet summon.  Then for secondary if you were going with a normal guy concept you could take something like traps or poison, or if you were an ex-Skull Dark Miasma.  Naturally this kind of build would also work with Ninja/Trick Arrow or Dark Miasma; or Mercs and Traps or poison.  Similarly I know a LOT of people just love the whip attacks in Demon Summoning and wish it was an attack available in an actual weapon using set.

I think this would probably be viable to the late teens, but I'd be surprised if you could take it further unless you were teamed up with a very patient friend who (carried) helped you. So what do you guys think have you experimented with MM attack builds or roleplay?

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

I actually did something like that the last time I did thugs, also thugs/dark; I did a vampire and his goons!

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!