ICE / TRICK ARROW Build Help!

Tridious

Hey there all!

I'm really enjoying this ICE/TA Corruptor I've been playing with but, as always as a casual player, lack the depth of knowledge to slot my powers appropriately. Following are a few main point questions and then a VERY sorry looking mids build. I ask that you grant me a bit of patience and understanding as I try and figure this out.

0.) Slotting recommendation in general would be greatly appreciated.

1.) Defenses and Ancillary Pools

*I'd like to maintain my Sorcery flight for cool-factor and RP

*With the three remaining pools I assume:

Leadership: (Man. + Tact.)

Speed: (Hasten)

[?] -- Combat Jumping for muling or Fighting to get some base-line defense and resistance. 

2.) Slotting for Trick Arrow

Right now I just have copied from Hero "Straight Arrow" from an Elec/TA post.

[?] -- Do I need Ice Arrow? I don't feel like I have room in the attack chain for another single target and with Bitter freeze ray and freeze ray, I feel like I have enough holding capabilities.

3.) Epic/Patron Pools

Soul Mastery/Soul Drain looks exceptionally tempting. [?] -- Should I go a different route? 

4.) Aim

[?] -- At first glance I didn't think it had much of a damage bonus. Should this stay in the build? 

Again any help would be greatly appreciated! I'll take any shots you wanna fire :)

Thorn Wind V.02 - Corruptor (Ice Blast).mxd

• Siphon Insight is fine if you want the set bonuses, but Flash Arrow is autohit in PVE and doesn't require accuracy.
  • The -dmg in Poison Gas Arrow is autohit. Accuracy is only needed for the sleep, which isn't worth bothering with. Recommend a recharge IO or a chance to heal self.
  • Drop Bitter Freeze Ray for Ice Arrow. BFR has terrible DPA, while Ice Arrow is a huge debuff in addition to being a hold. Can take a crap ton of procs too.
  • Slotting for Oil Slick is fine if you want the set bonuses, but it doesn't require accuracy.
  • With the chance for BU slotted, I would keep Aim.
  • Soul Drain is a great power, but requires you to go into melee to use it. All your other powers are ranged.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 4/2/2022 at 8:51 AM, Uun said:
  • Siphon Insight is fine if you want the set bonuses, but Flash Arrow is autohit in PVE and doesn't require accuracy.
  • The -dmg in Poison Gas Arrow is autohit. Accuracy is only needed for the sleep, which isn't worth bothering with. Recommend a recharge IO or a chance to heal self.
  • Drop Bitter Freeze Ray for Ice Arrow. BFR has terrible DPA, while Ice Arrow is a huge debuff in addition to being a hold. Can take a crap ton of procs too.
  • Slotting for Oil Slick is fine if you want the set bonuses, but it doesn't require accuracy.
  • With the chance for BU slotted, I would keep Aim.
  • Soul Drain is a great power, but requires you to go into melee to use it. All your other powers are ranged.

Lot of great insight here. I will adjust accordingly and look forward to the cleaner update.
Thank you!