Savage Melee/Shield Defence opinions?

FenrisWolf44

Was thinking on this set in the night. With fury, the quick rotation of attacks due to the recharge bonus, combined with Against All Odds damage bonus, I figured it would be great for tearing through things. But, having said that, I can't find much discussion on the combo, so anyone else tried it, any thoughts?

Edited by FenrisWolf44

The synergy on paper is solid, but in practice there may be complications. Namely,  Shield's lack of a heal combined with Savage's total focus on DoT based offense. Typically, people favor /Bio for juicing up the primary. 

That said, it'd be crazy fun and put out good numbers. You'd be vulnerable to attrition, but not in any way that can't be fixed with inspirations and incarnates.

/Shield is usually considered subpar on Brutes (relative to other ATs) due to class modifiers and Savage is not the most popular, so that may explain the silence.

PS: As a diehard fan of Savage, Brutes, and Savage on Brutes... this is one of the few iterations I would consider rolling on a Tanker. Their version of Shield is seriously beefy and their enhanced AoE is nice for an attack set that claims sustained AoE as its most unique niche. It would still be great on a Brute, better in some ways, but for most Savage builds I wouldn't even look at a Tanker. This is a rare exception. 

Edited by Razorback
Added extra info/opinion
  • Like 1