The Trial

Living_Hellfire

This was not a good day for Raziel, first lieutenant of Michael, Lord of the Seraphim. Having seen combat with the Infernal legions already this day he was now relegated to prisoner transport, hauling this pathetic Abomination to Trial against the Father. Hot to the touch, this prisoner has proven nothing but problems, scratching at the floor, refusing to be transported in a dignified fashion. The Arch-Angel must haul this prisoner by force as he fights every inch of the way. Raziel has no pity for this wretch, this abomination unto his father. He sneers, flexing his fist, dragging what is technically his cousin down the hallway towards the Holy Chamber wherein waits the Father of All Creation.

The doors boom open, revealing an alabaster chamber carved from Celestial marble, blisteringly white. At the far end is a plinth upon which sits what can only be described as Infinite Grace. Braced by this omnipotent being on either side is a gathering of Raziel's cousins and siblings, armed and armoured in the most brilliant of white and soft yellow light. Behind them the same doors echo their closing with a shattering collision that signals into the Universe that The High Court of Heavens is now closed for session.

One figure steps not from down off the plinth, but from the side. Human in aspect, surrounded by wings and with a voice that would evaporate the head of any mortal. 

"Angziel, son of Kadziel, opener of ways and foresaken by our Lord and Father, I am the Tetragrammaton, Voice of God and I speak in his name. Do you hear me?" The naked man curled on the floor nods, his burnt red hair still shrouding his face.

The Arch-Angel continues "You are the spawn of Celestial and Mortal and are therefore Abomination. Given that you are born to a mortal woman, sired by one of the first sons of Yahweh, you stand accused of being Nephilim. How do you plead?"

The naked, bleeding wretch on the floor is silent before chuckling a moment. He coughs blood before smearing it across his face. "Guilty as feckin' charged, ye feckin' wankers." The defeated man spits his last breath in the direction of the shining figure on the Throne.

"Do you have anything to say in your defense, Abomination?" The words echo and return to silence. The naked, defeated man gathers himself into a crouch, his head bowed low, his hands clasped in his crotch as he gathers himself to his knees before his grandfather. Long, red hair falls before his face, shrouding his eyes slightly but a close observer can see the flames.

"Aye, so I do." The broken man raises his eyes to meet the gaze of Omnipotence. "Allow me tae ask ye this, Granda... Have ye e'er been fishin'?" There is an awkward pause in the Celestial Chamber. This is not a question that has ever been asked or even considered. The man grins as the portal opens under him sending him Downstairs, he is gone in an instant.

There is a moment of quiet in the Celestial Chamber which serves as a throne room for The Architect of Reality and His Host. It is not customary for such silences to occur after a summary judgment, but somehow the assembled Host knows quite well and understands that this is the not the last they'll see or hear of their cousin.

Edited by Living_Hellfire

-The Legendary Living Hellfire

"The newest person in the room is always the most important person in the room"