Need help with beam/devices.

machopi

Can someone please give me a build, or even a rough template, for a proper 50 beam rifle/devices blaster? Early levels i'm doing more or less fine, but i know far too little about how the game works, and have no idea what secondary or epic powers to take, how to slot (not to mention IO sets) and the like.

So if anyone can help me that would be amazing!

You should go take a look at the Beta, because a lot of your secondary powers are about to change for the better. This is about to become difficult on "what to take" because you're going to be damn low on slots.

Spent an hour in Pines trying to make a rough build for you, but the moment I take those beta changes into account, I get unhappily dry on slots (power and enhancement both).

Web Grenade (soon to be "Toxic Web Grenade"): You have no choice. But it will soon add a DoT component that will have it hit about as hard as Single Shot should it run its duration through. Like many Immobilize secondary starters, it's not about the actual rooting despite it being advertised all over - the real value is in the other parts of it. Most notably a huge -recharge, and soon the damage to go with it. Stuff that attacks almost half as often isn't hurting you as much.

- This should also make it compatible with the Winter's Bite set, for even more -speed and -recharge on that AV.

Caltrops: These are nastier long-term than they may appear to at first glance. If given a chance their total damage is pretty high, and they do that whole "oh gods I need to get out of this damage zone" thing to people which can cause them to dance like idiots if being shot. What you do is you give'em just a bit more slow - I like "Pacing of the Turtle" for Range/Slow and the Chanceof-Recharge thing. Then go over and give'em some damage and a knockdown or immobilize chance from a different IO set. Can't get out if you're stuck in.

- In regards to this, Mu Mastery [sirocco Patron epic] has Electrifying Fences which is an AoE immobilize... Not a strong one, but every little bit can help and hey why not a second summon while you're there?

Taser: Is about to get a massive damage buff, making it basically a 20ft Energy Punch. This is gonna be damn sweet. Still ranged damage for now not melee, but that means you can stuff it with one of the many ranged damage sets for various procs or a defensive global such as thunderstrike. Quick, good damage, short ranged but maybe Stupefy's Stun/Range could slot right in

Targeting Drone: You know what to do here. No not Gaussian's build-up chance - stick that in Aim for a hell of a clicky. But get just enough to-hit for instant snipes, and any other slots should help with the endurance cost on the way to the bonus. I like a 2pc from Adjusted Targeting, To-Hit/End, and To-Hit/End/Recharge (the recharge don't do much but whatever).

Smoke Grenade: This plus your Field Operative means anything short of a Rikti Drone (which still won't see you from more than like ten feet away while blinded here) you can just take your time and plant high explosives quite literally under their feet. No need to heavily slot it, but 2 or 3 pieces of Dampened Spirits can give you another 2% damage buff and a like 1.3 extra max endurance (every tiny bit counts). It's surprisingly handy once you get used to it. Wide area, can keep things from joining a nearby battle...

Field Operative: I stick Shield Wall's 5% resists in there just because. For the other 4 slots, up that regen, up that endurance modification. You took this at 20, you did not not take this at 20, this is your level 20 power, and it solves most of your endurance and "how long do I have to sit here before my next battle" problems. It costs no endurance, it needs no real recharge rate to speak of, so do be careful about what IOs you slot in there; the pure Heal/Absorb and EndMod are a given, but those that are half-recharge or half-endurancecost are slightly wasted. Panacea's 2pc using the pure Heal and the +HP/End unique can be a fine choice, as can flat endmod 53s if you can find such drops.

Tripmine: BOOM! It's a PBAoE. It hits harder than a snipe. It's mostly Lethal with some Fire.

These are "toe bombs": You stealth (field operative), you smoke (grenade), and you walk right up to the middle of'em, put it down and 2 seconds after it's completely set you get some fireworks. Ideally, you of course had another power already careening towards them to make sure they all die

Time Bomb: It's about to be changed to a 5s timer. This makes it incredibly grabbable. Put an interrupt reducer in your Tripmine, and you'll be able to set a timebomb, set a tripmine, and fire off another power so all three alpha-strike at the same time. Their first clue as to your existence is two and a half nukes blowing their legs off.

For both the mine and timebomb: Not a bad idea at all to turn that knockback into knockdown however, as it can toss everyone every which way due to how it works for that. There's two IOs that offer this; Overwhelming Force's unique, and Sudden Acceleration's special that is not a unique and can thus be slotted everywhere you need it (just those two powers for the most part).

Gun Drone: Per attack it's not that impressive. And it can die. But what does this really mean? It means that every few minutes, for a little while, this thing with guns floats around, attacks with you, and draws some attention and therefore shots that otherwise would go your way. Like most pets are wont to do, really. It's not very complicated if you think of it as a mobile ultra-long DoT that can change targets and randomly causes enemy fire to shoot something that's not you instead. There are Pet and Recharge-Intensive-Pet invention sets - it likes damage, it likes a bit of accuracy and recharge, and it likes more damage.

Some advice on IOs: Use pines designer. They're not all in there but the "okay this activates'em, this doesn't work" helps immensely plus there's so damn many sets to begin with.

What you must know is that sets get their bonuses from being on the same power. You can also get up to five times the same bonus (like "2% damage", or "+4% recovery" or "1.25% Ranged Defense"). Doesn't matter the source though, so it's not just "five times the bonuses of this one set". So a sixth 2% damage won't do anything even if it's from six different sets entirely, but four 2% and three 4% all from copying the same two sets work perfectly fine.

If you want, say, just the 2pc/3pc parts of a set, even a unique, you could just split it across two powers. Like if you want to double up on the range boost of Superior Blaster's Wrath at the cost of that 4% damage and the other higher bonuses.

For the MOST part, other than set bonuses which are like every other MMO (save that you have to slot'em in the same power rather than just have'em equipped on your character), IOs are really just normal enhancements that tend to have better values, and often cover two or three things at a time. If you understand any enhancements you'll understand what "15% Accuracy, Damage and Endurance Cost Reduction" means after all.

• Like 1

A couple other bits of advice:

Lean hard on Caltrops. Most enemies want to run up to engage in melee. When they hit your caltrops field, they'll change their minds and try to get out of the ouchie instead. While they're doing this, their AI is focused on escaping instead of attacking, making it very effective soft control (especially if their ranged attacks are on a slow recharge). This pretty critical versus bosses, with all their burst damage power.

Penetrating Ray looks like an AoE attack, but the extra targets are just a nice knock-on bonus. You're mostly using it as a single target attack versus disintegrated targets. You already know that you get some bonus damage when zapping disintegrating targets, but Penetrating Ray doesn't advertise that THIS attack does 33% more damage to a disintegrating enemy. It's also a good opener because of the -res. Don't skip this one.

You may find Gun Drone more useful than I have, but I'm about to drop it from my build. It doesn't like to engage at the ranges I prefer, and half the time it's facing the wrong way and literally can't see the enemies, instead floating there and doing nothing. You could toss it into a build as a stat stick for IO set bonuses, but I'm not getting much utility out of it.

Here's one of those "unlimited budget" builds I put together for myself as my blaster approaches 50, to give you some idea of how other people have been setting up their builds:

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962

http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Alpha Facto: Level 50 Technology Blaster

Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle

Secondary Power Set: Devices

Power Pool: Flight

Power Pool: Teleportation

Ancillary Pool: Munitions Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Single Shot -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(9), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50)

Level 1: Web Grenade -- Acc(A)

Level 2: Charged Shot -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg(5), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37)

Level 4: Cutting Beam -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(5), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(9), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), Ann-ResDeb%(46)

Level 6: Disintegrate -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(7), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(7), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(11), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), Dcm-Build%(40)

Level 8: Fly -- Flight(A)

Level 10: Targeting Drone -- AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx/Rchg(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/EndRdx(11)

Level 12: Lancer Shot -- Thn-Dmg/Rchg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Thn-Acc/Dmg(17), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(37)

Level 14: Aim -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(15), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(15), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(25), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Build%(50)

Level 16: Smoke Grenade -- ToHitDeb-I(A)

Level 18: Penetrating Ray -- ExcCnt-Acc/Dmg(A), ExcCnt-Dmg/EndRdx(19), ExcCnt-Dmg/ActRdx(19), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rng(23), ExcCnt-Dmg/Rchg(37), ExcCnt-Stun%(40)

Level 20: Field Operative -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A), Prv-Absorb%(21), Prv-Heal(21), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36)

Level 22: Caltrops -- RechRdx(A)

Level 24: Hover -- Krm-ResKB(A)

Level 26: Piercing Beam -- BlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(A), BlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(27), BlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), BlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(29), BlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), BlsWrt-Rchg/Dam%(40)

Level 28: Taser -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(29), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(31), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31)

Level 30: Afterburner -- Flight-I(A)

Level 32: Overcharge -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(33), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(33), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), PstBls-Dam%(34)

Level 35: Cryo Freeze Ray -- EssofCrr-Acc/Rchg(A), EssofCrr-EndRdx/Hold(42), EssofCrr-Acc/EndRdx(43), EssofCrr-Acc/Hold/Rchg(43)

Level 38: Time Bomb -- ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg(A), ScrDrv-Dmg/EndRdx(39), ScrDrv-Dmg/Rchg(39), ScrDrv-Acc/Rchg(39), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)

Level 41: Body Armor -- GldArm-ResDam(A), GldArm-Res/Rech/End(42), GldArm-End/Res(42), GldArm-3defTpProc(43), GldArm-RechEnd(48), GldArm-RechRes(48)

Level 44: LRM Rocket -- Ann-Acc/Dmg(A), Ann-Dmg/Rchg(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), Ann-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Ann-ResDeb%(46)

Level 47: Recall Friend -- EndRdx(A)

Level 49: Surveillance -- RechRdx-I(A)

Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Defiance

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)

Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)

Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)

Level 4: Ninja Run

Level 2: Swift -- Flight(A)

Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A)

Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump(A)

Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod(A)

------------

• Like 1

That's Piercing Beam (the 3-target T3 shot with -res on it). While it's true that it's used primarily as a good single-target shot, lining at least one more up with it quite literally doubles its damage. For most non-blaster builds this is an expensive proposition for single-target work as Piercing is close to ball-priced, but thanks to our Sustains here that's alright.

Penetrating Ray, that's the Snipe. Does decent extra DoT against a disintegrating target.

I'm totally winging this. Legitimately no idea what I'm doing. Looking for a little feedback on this build. I left taser slots empty. I six slotted it because of the changes we think are coming soon, but I'm sure the enhancement options will change as well. No idea how expensive this would be. No clue about much of anything really. Let's get to it then.

Boomstick: Level 50 Technology Blaster

Power Pool: Leaping

Power Pool: Fighting

Power Pool: Concealment

Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Single Shot

• (A) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (3) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (3) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (5) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 1: Web Grenade

• (A) Trap of the Hunter - Immobilize/Accuracy

Level 2: Cutting Beam

• (A) Detonation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (13) Detonation - Damage/Endurance
  • (13) Detonation - Damage/Recharge
  • (15) Detonation - Damage/Range
  • (15) Detonation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (17) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range

Level 4: Caltrops

• (A) Superior Frozen Blast - Accuracy/Damage

Level 6: Taser

• (A) Empty
  • (7) Empty
  • (9) Empty
  • (9) Empty
  • (11) Empty
  • (46) Empty

Level 8: Disintegrate

• (11) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (19) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (19) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (21) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (21) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 10: Targeting Drone

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff
  • (17) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Endurance

Level 12: Lancer Shot

• (23) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (23) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (25) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (27) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 14: Aim

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (50) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Recharge/Endurance

Level 16: Smoke Grenade

• (A) To Hit Debuff IO

Level 18: Penetrating Ray

• (27) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (29) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 20: Field Operative

• (A) Performance Shifter - Chance for +End
  • (31) Performance Shifter - EndMod
  • (33) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance
  • (33) Panacea - Heal
  • (46) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 22: Super Jump

• (A) Blessing of the Zephyr - Knockback Reduction (4 points)

Level 24: Combat Jumping

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 26: Piercing Beam

• (33) Detonation - Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Detonation - Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Detonation - Damage/Range
  • (34) Detonation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range

Level 28: Trip Mine

• (A) Multi-Strike - Accuracy/Damage
  • (36) Multi-Strike - Damage/Endurance
  • (36) Multi-Strike - Damage/Recharge
  • (37) Multi-Strike - Accuracy/Endurance
  • (37) Multi-Strike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Multi-Strike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge

Level 30: Boxing

• (A) Accuracy IO

Level 32: Tough

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance
  • (42) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance/Rech/End
  • (42) Gladiator's Armor - End/Resist
  • (42) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (43) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Resist
  • (43) Gladiator's Armor - Recharge/Endurance

Level 35: Weave

• (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (39) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Recharge
  • (40) Luck of the Gambler - Endurance/Recharge
  • (40) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 38: Overcharge

• (43) Detonation - Damage/Endurance
  • (45) Detonation - Damage/Recharge
  • (45) Detonation - Damage/Range
  • (45) Detonation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range

Level 41: Hover

Level 44: Charged Armor

• (A) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 47: Electrifying Fences

• (48) Detonation - Damage/Endurance
  • (48) Detonation - Damage/Recharge
  • (48) Detonation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (50) Detonation - Damage/Range
  • (50) Detonation - Damage/Endurance/Range

Level 49: Stealth

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Swift

• (A) Run Speed IO

Level 2: Health

• (A) Miracle - +Recovery
  • (39) Miracle - Heal

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 2: Stamina

------------

A Blaster's Sustain is several times more powerful a recovery and regeneration buff than the Fitness inherents, and so is a whole lot more valuable slotted a little more for its numbers than for an extra you could fit elsewhere.

It's similar with Tough and Weave: Personally I feel you're overslotting them, though they're certainly the best source of Smash/Lethal Res and all-Def available to a Blaster power-wise. If you brought both of them back down to 4 slots, you could stick one more in each of Health and Stamina (perfect for a 2pc of Performance Shifter and Numina's Convalescence maybe?) and have 2 more slots to play with. No point in heavy Recharge Time reductions or going red on the values after all, so while a 6pc bonus can be tempting, it may be worth considering additional 2pc and 3pc sets being fitted in other places too.

For example, isn't Charged Armor also a toggle with some cost to it? How much better is your net endurance gain and your resistances if you stuff a second slot for Res/End from the same set you've already +MaxHP'd in it compared to that Endurance/Recharge you've got in Tough?

And don't forget you've got a maximum of 5x of any one specific set bonus.

I'm loathe to post builds because I'm never happy with mine but here's a something that assumes you'll either be in a team or not actually start getting shot at until after you've "arrested" enemies legs clean off with high-explosives, often with your overcharge ready to follow-up. In other words, your defenses and resistances are a bit on the low side - consider the Support-series for Hybrid Slot.

- Get ready to abuse prestige movement powers, you'll be Ninja-Running and teleportering around a lot.

- Smoke Grenades blind Rikti drones and the like so you can get close to their friends (don't try to toebomb the drone itself it will see you)

- I've left Web and Taser partly empty to account for sticking post-beta enhancement changes in later

- You'll probably want to 3-piece Thunderstrike into the toxic web grenades when the time comes, and put a Sudden Acceleration's KB to KD into Trip Mine as well.

Level 50 Natural Blaster

Power Pool: Fighting

Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:

Level 1: Charged Shot

• (A) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (46) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Empty
  • (48) Empty

Level 1: Web Grenade

• (A) Empty
  • (43) Empty
  • (43) Empty
  • (48) Pacing of the Turtle - Chance of -Recharge
  • (48) Pacing of the Turtle - Range/Slow

Level 2: Cutting Beam

• (A) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage
  • (40) Superior Defiant Barrage - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (43) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Ragnarok - Chance for Knockdown

Level 4: Caltrops

• (A) Pacing of the Turtle - Range/Slow
  • (5) Pacing of the Turtle - Damage/Slow
  • (5) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 6: Disintegrate

• (A) Apocalypse - Damage/Endurance
  • (7) Apocalypse - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (7) Apocalypse - Damage/Recharge
  • (9) Apocalypse - Damage
  • (11) Gladiator's Javelin - Chance of Damage(Toxic)

Level 8: Aim

• (A) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up
  • (9) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - To Hit Buff/Recharge/Endurance

Level 10: Targeting Drone

• (A) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff/Endurance
  • (11) Adjusted Targeting - To Hit Buff

Level 12: Lancer Shot

• (A) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (13) Thunderstrike - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (13) Thunderstrike - Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Thunderstrike - Damage/Endurance
  • (40) Stupefy - Stun/Range

Level 14: Taser

• (A) Empty
  • (15) Empty
  • (15) Stupefy - Stun/Range
  • (17) Stupefy - Accuracy/Stun/Recharge

Level 16: Smoke Grenade

• (A) Dampened Spirits - To Hit Debuff/Recharge/Endurance
  • (17) Dampened Spirits - To Hit Debuff/Endurance

Level 18: Penetrating Ray

• (A) Sting of the Manticore - Chance of Damage(Toxic)
  • (19) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Interrupt/Recharge
  • (19) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Sting of the Manticore - Damage/Endurance
  • (37) Apocalypse - Chance of Damage(Negative)

Level 20: Field Operative

• (A) Healing IO
  • (21) Healing IO
  • (21) Endurance Modification IO
  • (23) Endurance Modification IO
  • (23) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 22: Boxing

• (A) Pounding Slugfest - Disorient Bonus

Level 24: Tough

• (A) Aegis - Psionic/Status Resistance
  • (25) Aegis - Resistance/Endurance
  • (25) Unbreakable Guard - +Max HP

Level 26: Piercing Beam

• (A) Superior Defiant Barrage - RechargeTime/+Status
  • (27) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (27) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Superior Defiant Barrage - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (31) Annihilation - Chance for Res Debuff
  • (33) Annihilation - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 28: Trip Mine

• (A) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (29) Obliteration - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (29) Obliteration - Damage
  • (31) Empty

Level 30: Weave

• (A) Reactive Defenses - Scaling Resist Damage
  • (34) Reactive Defenses - Defense
  • (37) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 32: Overcharge

• (A) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Recharge/Chance for Fire Damage
  • (33) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (33) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Superior Blaster's Wrath - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Absolute Amazement - Stun

Level 35: Time Bomb

• (A) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Chance for Knockdown/Knockback to Knockdown
  • (36) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (36) Overwhelming Force - Damage/Endurance/Recharge
  • (36) Overwhelming Force - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 38: Gun Drone

• (A) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Damage/Endurance
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Endurance/Damage/Recharge
  • (39) Expedient Reinforcement - Accuracy/Damage

Level 41: Static Discharge

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (42) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (42) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (42) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range

Level 44: Charged Armor

• (A) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)
  • (45) Gladiator's Armor - End/Resist
  • (45) Gladiator's Armor - Resistance

Level 47: Hover

• (A) Winter's Gift - Run Speed, Jump, Flight Speed, Range

Level 49: Summon Adept

• (A) Soulbound Allegiance - Chance for Build Up
  • (50) Soulbound Allegiance - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (50) Soulbound Allegiance - Damage/Recharge

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Unbounded Leap - +Stealth

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Interrupt Reduction IO

Level 2: Swift

• (A) HamiO:Microfilament Exposure

Level 2: Health

• (A) Numina's Convalesence - +Regeneration/+Recovery
  • (3) Panacea - +Hit Points/Endurance

Level 2: Hurdle

• (A) Jumping IO

Level 2: Stamina

• (3) Performance Shifter - EndMod

Level 50: Musculature Total Radial Revamp

------------

------------

Set Bonus Totals:

• 32% DamageBuff(Smashing)
  • 32% DamageBuff(Lethal)
  • 32% DamageBuff(Fire)
  • 32% DamageBuff(Cold)
  • 32% DamageBuff(Energy)
  • 32% DamageBuff(Negative)
  • 32% DamageBuff(Toxic)
  • 32% DamageBuff(Psionic)
  • 3% Defense(Melee)
  • 3% Defense(Smashing)
  • 3% Defense(Lethal)
  • 3% Defense(Fire)
  • 3% Defense(Cold)
  • 9.25% Defense(Energy)
  • 9.25% Defense(Negative)
  • 3% Defense(Psionic)
  • 8% Defense(Ranged)
  • 3% Defense(AoE)
  • 4.95% Max End
  • 22% Enhancement(Accuracy)
  • 10% Enhancement(Range)
  • 13.75% Enhancement(RechargeTime)
  • 22.5% SpeedFlying
  • 216.9 HP (18%) HitPoints
  • 22.5% JumpHeight
  • 22.5% SpeedJumping
  • Knockback (Mag -3)
  • Knockup (Mag -3)
  • MezResist(Confused) 26.25%
  • MezResist(Held) 26.25%
  • MezResist(Immobilized) 26.25%
  • MezResist(Sleep) 26.25%
  • MezResist(Stunned) 26.25%
  • MezResist(Terrorized) 26.25%
  • 19.5% (0.33 End/sec) Recovery
  • 56% (2.81 HP/sec) Regeneration
  • 8.75% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 11% Resistance(Fire)
  • 11% Resistance(Cold)
  • 6.5% Resistance(Energy)
  • 6.5% Resistance(Negative)
  • 9.5% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 14.5% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 0% Resistance(Smashing)
  • 0% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 0% Resistance(Fire)
  • 0% Resistance(Cold)
  • 0% Resistance(Energy)
  • 0% Resistance(Negative)
  • 0% Resistance(Toxic)
  • 0% Resistance(Psionic)
  • 8.75% Resistance(Lethal)
  • 22.5% SpeedRunning

... yeah don't use it as-is, it was done way too quickly.

Thanks for posting it Novacat. I'll plug it into Pines when I get home from work and fiddle with it.

Also, any suggestions for adding some AOE that doesn't require set-up beforehand, on a shortish cooldown? I also have a Beam Rifle/Radiation sentinel, and they lose the snipe in exchange for a chain AOE that jumps to other targets like a chain lightning power in other games. Would be nice to have on the blaster, but I dunno if I'd want it to replace the snipe. It does round out the Beam Rifle set nicely to have another AOE, however. And the Nuke, while I'm sure will be great when I get it, is on a longish cool down.

I think I prefer the blaster, but I need to respec the Sentinel to compare more fairly because the blaster has one more damage IO in each attack right now. Both of them level 25 and kinda short on slots, I tried slotting up defense more on the Sentinel, but after playing the blaster, damage is king.

Beam doesn't have Refracting due to the snipe - for Blasters it's a heavily single target affair until we get Overcharge because of this - no rains, no other balls, just a cone and a small line. Now technically the Lancer Shot changes should somewhat improve things by guaranteeing (well, once that not-if-it-dies bug it has on beta's fixed) a disintegrate spread, though that's just a light DoT.

Not much we can do here: you've gained two powerful AoEs that really do help plug the holes in Non-Sentinel beam offerings, but as you've noted they're setups.

So as-is, from just Primary/Secondary, your options are Cutting Beam, Overcharge, and to a (much) lesser degree Piercing Beam and Post-beta Lancer Shot. This leaves us with... Your epic pool.

Flame Mastery offers the fairly powerful Bonfire (Change that KB to KD for some serious damage), Rise of the Phoenix (hey, it'll happen), and though not damaging, the -Res inflicting radius 10 Melt Armor. Long recharges but Bonfire's quite strong if allowed to run its course.

Force Mastery has Repulsion bomb, but unfortunately it's a 3.3s cast with over 20 end cost so that's not really something to 'rotate' with - even less I'd argue than Bonfire (which while longer recharge and same cast time can at least offer some real stopping power). Not the best option.

If you do like cones, Leviathan Mastery gives you two more. They're a bit slow on the cast-time but their power's decent enough.

Mace Mastery does rather nicely: The Spiderling summons are pretty decent, Scorpion Shield is good, and Mace Beam Volley (remember the redraw thing in customization) is a bit better than either Leviathan Cone for its cast-time, though it is alone. However you get Web Envelope, which is a non-damaging area web grenade to further screw that recharge time on all your favorite enemies.

Mu's Static Discharge and Electrifying Fences are short ranged but not bad options - E.Fences is a small area damaging immobilize with a short enough cast time. Pretty sure the striker knows Ball Lightning, even if thats technically not you.

Munitions will get you a Sleep grenade (very low damage, but kinda useful), and the LRM, which is like a slow-snipe with fast-snipe damage but as a targeted AoE. That's probably not what you're hoping for due to it being a slow setup-type though from afar with that cast time.

Soul Mastery: Night Fall's a cone on a 20s recharge, Soul Tentacles is also on a 20s recharge, but personally I'd rather Electric Fences for an immobilize of similar max range.

Mu or Mace may be good picks for you, though you'll have to go do a little bit of red time to get'em (you can switch back when it's unlocked no worries there)