Rad / SS build advice or examples wanted

Owenknowone

I'm looking to build out my Rad/SS tanker.  My goal is build 1 to be damn near unkillable so I'm willing to trade off damage for survivability and play mostly with teams.  The second build would be a solo build....damage damage damage.  Please share any builds you may have.  Thank you.  

Edited by Owenknowone

9 hours ago, Owenknowone said:

I'm looking to build out my Rad/SS tanker.  My goal is build 1 to be damn near unkillable so I'm willing to trade off damage for survivability and play mostly with teams.  The second build would be a solo build....damage damage damage.  Please share any builds you may have.  Thank you.  

I would do this for you but I am not near a computer until Monday, but you can take this build - which res caps everything but cold and has 50% melee defense also. 

Rad-Rad.jpg.46d5cd6c83b95dc9391b4e9b9a9eec61.jpg

All you need to do is swap in SS for Rad melee while retaining the same slotting and you have probably the most survivable Rad Armor Tanker you can find.

Radianite - Tanker (Radiation Armor - Radiation Melee).mxd

16 minutes ago, Owenknowone said:

Awesome thanks.   I realize invulnerability is the way to go for "most" survivable.   And yes all primary can be made to work.  Trying to squeeze blood from a turnip I guess.  

Not necessarily true about invul - honestly I am back to thinking Shield may have the edge currently and also in the future given the typed defense changes on the horizon (which will nick invul a little) - but not by much.

To that point it is highly insignificant the amount of separation between the survivability of all the armor sets.  They are all unkillable in the right hands facing normal content.

19 minutes ago, Owenknowone said:

Curious what changes to defense?

It is in the way the enemy dmg types tag what defense is affected.  For instance - if it was split dmg typed between smashing/lethal it previously tagged smashing lethal defense - after these changes it will tag the more rare on the split - toxic in this case.

Invuls have a weakness especially in defense to toxic and psi - luckily I have always built my invuls to have high toxic and psi resists - around 70%, also utilized the ehanced healing factor of dull pain, and finally built high melee defense also - so the only real threats are AOE and ranged.  So it doesn't affect my invuls too badly.

The Devs also granted typed defense based armors like invul slight levels of toxic and psi resists and defense baked into existing powers to take some of the sting from this change out, but it is still a good idea to slot for those damage types - especially now.

It doesn't affect resist based sets like Rad, Elec, Dark, and Fire - nor positional defense based sets like Shield, SR, Ninjitsu, nor Regen based sets like Willpower and Bio.

That is why I think Shield may be slightly more durable than Invul now however, because it blocks/dodges more incoming damage and has almost as much resists than an invul has.  See below:

Shield

Shield.jpg.41fe02c945a5d665cdc84f741b712841.jpg

Invul

Invul.jpg.6740a47a0eb1dffb94ea558c25659735.jpg