General Wishlist (QoL and Gameplay)

In no particular order...

[*]Password QoL: Please provide an option for the game client to either remember my password or, if security won't permit it, an option to flag me as authenticated for a period of time (even just a day would be nice). Failing that, maybe an option to un-mask my password so I can see what I'm typing?

[*]Sign In QoL: If I do mistype my password, and the alert pops up, hitting "enter" should make the alert go away, not attempt to sign me back in with the wrong/mistyped password. Further, after closing the alert, the password field should become auto-selected rather than the username field.

[*]EULA: Once I've manually clicked Accept for the EULA, I shouldn't see it again (or at least need to click past it) until it changes. That will prevent me from assuming nothing's changed, for one thing. Failing that, I should be able to hit "enter" and trigger the Accept button.

[*]Character Select: Would it be possible to show level progress (in addition to level) on the character select screen? That might not be possible given the way the queries work, but I thought I'd ask. It would be nice to go in and "top off" an alt that is close to leveling.

[*]In-Game Clock: Is there any possible way to create an in-game system clock that displays the actual (local) time? Blizzard games do this and it really helps with personal time management. It could even be a macro like how /showfps 1 just prints the framerate to the upper right. It doesn't have to be a nice UI, at least for me.

[*]Buff Pets and Stalkers: Would it be possible to make buff pets (wisps, etc.) for Stalkers be hidden when the Stalker is? It makes them essentially useless for that AT as they constantly draw aggro. I would be okay with the Stalker not receiving the buff while in that state. I guess the same could be said for any AT using Concealment.

[*]Buff Pets and Flying/Hover/Etc.: Would it be possible to let us summon our buff pets even while hovering or flying, as long as there's a nearby surface to "cast" the reticle on?

[*]Minmap Zoom Scale: Is it possible to set the game to remember your map zoom scale from zone to zone?

[*]Default Camera Zoom: Would it be possible to set a default camera zoom scale? Or at least have the game remember your camera zoom between login sessions? I know I can set it with a macro but it's just one more thing to do each time.

[*]Font Size: Is it possible to add a setting to scale the in-game font, mainly for chat, vendor items, AH stuff, and so forth?

That's what I got for now. I'm sure most of these aren't easy, and some of these issues have plagued the game since day one.

Please feel free to add to this list.

You already asked about the password -

I mean, I'm on my home computer in my own house. There's no reason not to save my password in the client. Or at least provide the option to un-mask it, so I can see where I typoed and don't have to delete the entire thing each time. Yes, I mistype my password a lot...

Already exists. Open notepad, and type your login, on the next like your password and another line break at its' end (you need to do that for it to read in properly). Save it as resume_info.txt in the same directory where your homecoming.exe is located.

In Game Clock - /localtime IIRC...Unless you mean as a windowed display in the game...then I got nothing...except put a clock next to your computer?

Font Size - It's in the Options->Windows->Chat...I think Chat size is the only font size you can adjust however.

I want to be clear, I am not dismissing your suggestions (except #1/#2 - since you can already do this without a code change), just wanted to throw in some information if it helps in the here and now....

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

You already asked about the password -

I mean, I'm on my home computer in my own house. There's no reason not to save my password in the client. Or at least provide the option to un-mask it, so I can see where I typoed and don't have to delete the entire thing each time. Yes, I mistype my password a lot...

Already exists. Open notepad, and type your login, on the next like your password and another line break at its' end (you need to do that for it to read in properly). Save it as resume_info.txt in the same directory where your homecoming.exe is located.

Oh, wow, thanks. These forums aren't the best at alerting us when people respond to threads, I thought that one had long gone dark. I'll try that out.

In Game Clock - /localtime IIRC...Unless you mean as a windowed display in the game...then I got nothing...except put a clock next to your computer?

Yeah, I just tried that and it's cool that it spits it out in chat, but I was hoping for a persistent clock off in the corner somewhere. Thanks, though.

Font Size - It's in the Options->Windows->Chat...I think Chat size is the only font size you can adjust however.

Yeah, I was hoping more for mission text and store items, things like that. I followed Healix's advice about changing the game font, which helps, but my old man eyes have trouble sometimes...

I want to be clear, I am not dismissing your suggestions (except #1/#2 - since you can already do this without a code change), just wanted to throw in some information if it helps in the here and now....

Absolutely appreciated, thank you!