mass teleport/group fly- want toggle to make them apply to self/pets only

Title says it all. Sometimes being able to mass teleport or group fly with your pets is a great bit of quality of life. The problem is if you are on a team that can really piss off your teammates. If I could turn on group fly and have only effect me and my pets, that would be a great way to move my dudes and unclog hallways.

I mostly agree, except I'm not sure it even needs a toggle. Most people on a team already have whatever travel power they prefer: group fly is redundant at best, though not as bad as team teleport, which is effectively just griefing your own team.

I love team teleport for soloing with my mastermind, but serious question: does anyone who is NOT a mastermind use it? And not for griefing?

I did way back in the day to help newb friends get around.  Before there were any other travel powers besides the pools and sprint.

You make a good point though. The mass travel skills are really only used for moving yourself and minions. A toggle might be redundant.

Hmm, I suppose that was the actual "use case" group fly and group teleport originally had in mind. Back in the day, when travel powers didn't unlock until the mid-teens and grinding up to level 15 took some time even if you knew what you were doing, there were lots of lowbies with nothing but sprint who would ACTUALLY appreciate the utility of having a team-mate who had group fly.

But I think we can all agree, on reflection, that times have changed. A first level character on the Homecoming servers can go straight from the character creator to the Pay2Win vendor, grab Ninja Run, a jump pack, and other goodies, and then if they even WANT a full-fledged travel power from a power pool they can get it in about ten minutes on a slow day, before they're finished with their first rinse and repeat "Death From Below".

So today, on the homecoming server, the actual "team utility" of group fly and team teleport is non-existent. If there's a tiny handful of newbies limping around with just sprint, their needs could be better served by just telling them about the Pay2Win vendor and "Death From Below".

Thus, I don't think the toggle is even needed. Group Fly and team teleport should just apply to pets, period. Or alternately, pets should be added to STANDARD fly and teleport, and group fly and team teleport should be replaced with entirely new powers that might be useful for a wider variety of archetypes.

I just thought of something: if pets are added to standard fly and standard teleport, that would help distinguish them from "Mystic Flight" from the Sorcery power pool. People have raised the question, why bother with the fly and teleport pools, if Mystic Flight gives you flight AND teleport AND some other cool powers, all in one pool? Making standard fly and standard teleport apply to pets would help make them more competitive with Mystic Flight.

I believe I agree with you on all counts Doctor.  I am curious how many people on the server actually even have mass fly or mass teleport. I'd be willing to bet most of the people with mass fly just use it to stand around and look cool.