Fire/Cold HM TF Build Help

hemij

I've attached my Fire/Cold build, which I'm finding myself loving, but I know there's room for improvement. Haven't used it for HM TFs yet (still working on building up Incarnates), but it's been a blast so far on normal ITFs and radio missions.

Things I love:

• Low CD on my blasts
  • Sleet is up every fight
  • Heat Loss is almost perma
  • Decent Def/Res
  • No power feels wasted, except for Boxing and Oppressive Gloom which are required picks to get to where I want
  • Inferno's on a 1min CD

What I think can be improved on:

• Arctic Fog - I've got it split between Def and Res sets. Should I be doing this?
  • Sleet feels overslotted, and that I can drop at least one of those slots
  • I'd be ok dropping one of the slots from Frostwork
  • Heat Loss could probably lose a slot (or two?)
  • Infrigidate is just full of placeholders for now. Is it worth going with 4 procs there? If not, I'm happy to leave it at the base slot and move those slots elsewhere
  • The Corruptor AT sets - where should I slot those? I was thinking Inferno and Blaze? Should I split Scouring Blast into 3 and 3 in 2 different powers, to maximize that 10% recharge set bonus? Or is that overkill?

Fire Cold Build.jpg

Edited by hemij

Damage could be way improved in inferno and blazing bolt if you gave up some set bonuses for procs. I feel like Aim would be worth it over rain of fire. I like gaussian's build up in aim as well because you can guarantee time it with your nuke. You would be giving up defense to gain damage though basically you have to think about how much you are getting hit versus others in your team. Nuke went up by 180 damage blazing bolt went up by 450 damage. It's hard to really take a look at the build without a pasted mids link to view the rest.

Set up blaze with the superior malice like below gives you defense like you want and it's at least near a 45% proc chance for its chance for negative energy damage at least in there. Stick the entire superior scouring blast in fireball probably will give you nice defense bonuses while giving the power good flat damage.

+5 the armageddon damage in inferno atleast will give big difference for the $. Get hasten, inferno should not be a slower cd than at least 70 seconds if you have hasten. (2 recharge IO's in hasten +5) This way you get to inferno much more often.

Once you 50 nothing should need more than 2 lvl 50 IO recharges in it to reach the cap basically. 3 in it like you have above is just for leveling. Lot's of slots to open up there.

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Magic Corruptor
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Cold Domination

Villain Profile:
Level 1: [Empty]
Level 1: Infrigidate -- Empty(A)
Level 2: [Empty]
Level 4: [Empty]
Level 6: [Empty]
Level 8: [Empty]
Level 10: [Empty]
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), GssSynFr--ToHit(13), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(13)
Level 14: [Empty]
Level 16: [Empty]
Level 18: Blaze -- SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg(A), SprMlcoft-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), SprMlcoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprMlcoft-Rchg/Dmg%(23)
Level 20: [Empty]
Level 22: [Empty]
Level 24: [Empty]
Level 26: Blazing Bolt -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(27), StnoftheM-Dam%(29), Apc-Dam%(29), GldJvl-Dam%(31)
Level 28: [Empty]
Level 30: [Empty]
Level 32: Inferno -- ScrDrv-Dam%(A), Obl-%Dam(33), Erd-%Dam(33), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Dmg(34), Arm-Dam%(34)
Level 35: [Empty]
Level 38: [Empty]
Level 41: [Empty]
Level 44: [Empty]
Level 47: [Empty]
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Scourge
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)