Superior Avalanche set Burn Brute

stalaniumobj

Hello,

I was noticing my Burn ability on my level 50+1 Brute that has the Superior Avalanche set slotted, seems to be missing quite a bit on the enemies surrounding him. I don't know if this is intended on this new patch or not, but I am seeing a lot of "miss" than I did in the previous patch. I am testing this out in AE (specifically map id 51577) , and it is a Fire/Fire Brute.

• City Council
6 hours ago, stalaniumobj said:

Hello,

I was noticing my Burn ability on my level 50+1 Brute that has the Superior Avalanche set slotted, seems to be missing quite a bit on the enemies surrounding him. I don't know if this is intended on this new patch or not, but I am seeing a lot of "miss" than I did in the previous patch. I am testing this out in AE (specifically map id 51577) , and it is a Fire/Fire Brute.

You are likely seeing a different bug play out. This is already fixed internally and will be in the next patch, but what you're likely seeing is the use of Fiery Embrace with Burn. What is happening (by mistake) is the 4.5s duration version of Burn is being summoned for every single target you hit. So you can get up to 7 burn patches in one cast (the 10s version that summons on you, the 4.5s version that summons on you when using Fiery Embrace, and five more 4.5s versions that summon on you if you hit 5 targets).

So why are you seeing them miss? Purple patch...but not for the reason you think. I assume you are set to +4/x8, which means your level 51 is taking on enemies that are +3 con to you. The purple patch sees that +3 and applies the 0.65x modifier on the summoned burn patches. So instead of summoning a level 50 burn patch you are summoning a 0.65x50 = ~33 level burn patch. Well, that level 33 burn patch going against a level 54 critter is going to have a really bad time with hitting, and if it does hit it's going to be for a very small amount of damage (you might see some 0.01 damage popping up in your combat logs).

This was the same bug we saw before Page 5 (Brute version was mech'd slightly differently where it didn't have purple patch applied on its extra patches, but all other ATs did). If you see this message before the fix goes Live, you can test this yourself. Go into your AE Farm, set it to +0/x8, and watch you summon 5 extra burn patches. They'll hit like expected (thanks to no purple patch dampening) and you'll do far more damage than is intended.

• Thanks 2

On 10/25/2022 at 12:21 AM, Booper said:

You are likely seeing a different bug play out. This is already fixed internally and will be in the next patch, but what you're likely seeing is the use of Fiery Embrace with Burn. What is happening (by mistake) is the 4.5s duration version of Burn is being summoned for every single target you hit. So you can get up to 7 burn patches in one cast (the 10s version that summons on you, the 4.5s version that summons on you when using Fiery Embrace, and five more 4.5s versions that summon on you if you hit 5 targets).

So why are you seeing them miss? Purple patch...but not for the reason you think. I assume you are set to +4/x8, which means your level 51 is taking on enemies that are +3 con to you. The purple patch sees that +3 and applies the 0.65x modifier on the summoned burn patches. So instead of summoning a level 50 burn patch you are summoning a 0.65x50 = ~33 level burn patch. Well, that level 33 burn patch going against a level 54 critter is going to have a really bad time with hitting, and if it does hit it's going to be for a very small amount of damage (you might see some 0.01 damage popping up in your combat logs).

This was the same bug we saw before Page 5 (Brute version was mech'd slightly differently where it didn't have purple patch applied on its extra patches, but all other ATs did). If you see this message before the fix goes Live, you can test this yourself. Go into your AE Farm, set it to +0/x8, and watch you summon 5 extra burn patches. They'll hit like expected (thanks to no purple patch dampening) and you'll do far more damage than is intended.

This was very very helpful in better understanding just what is going on. Thank you kindly for the detailed response! Really glad to hear it's known and looking forward to the fix!