Object selectionl in SG base causing freeze up of homecoming client/crash. Character/Base/Object does not matter.

Maelstrom Vortex

I have a torch in FDDB-19829 (Server: Everlasting) I am trying to remove seen here:

image.thumb.png.66d4a5d1d0a35cc4d653ef0393e56ed5.png

Each time I have selected the torch.. and before I can even hit delete, the client freezes and crashes. It is a standard floor torch and prior to the last update, this object was easily added and removed without difficulty.

Update: I thought this was just one object causing this, but it's happening on any object selected. Happens on every character, any base.

Re-validated install, no change. Suspect it may be a graphics setting issue, but not sure how/why it's behaving this way now.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

• Maelstrom Vortex changed the title to Object selectionl in SG base causing freeze up of homecoming client/crash. Character/Base/Object does not matter.

Reset to default graphics solved the issue. I suspect that CoH editor after update may be hostile to some advanced settings, possibly cel-shading?

Able to repeat error after setting graphics to max. Appears that something in the graphics settings is hostile to the editor post update as these were in use before update. What exactly it is would require much more experimentation on my end.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

9 minutes ago, Astralock said:

Yep.  Editing your SG base with cel shading enabled is broken, and has been for about three months now.  It's a known bug with no ETA for a fix.

Thanks for confirming. I had looked through posts, but apparently it's burried deep enough I just didn't reach it. Bit of a relief though, now I can go back to editing, this can be closed.