CoV Live: Reminiscing the "Grind"

Monty Haull

17 hours ago, Crazyleo said:

Getting my FF/Energy Defender from 40 to 50 was very rough. Took me about a month or so of constant teaming farming missions (this was way before AE farming was a thing). Still; I'd buff the tanker and the nukers. The Tanker will start corralling the entire map at the same time the nukers go dumpster diving. Then the tanker dives in with the entire map following him; into nuclear hellfire. 

Then we quit the mission and reset it to do it all over again.

Ah, the memories.  My very first ever 50 (remade on HC) was/is a Kin/Dark defender.  I befriended a Stone/Fire tank and we ran the Chimera ninja map, as a twosome, a couple dozen of times.  SB allowed the granite armor to run through caltrops and herd practically the entire map (probably pre-I3 release).  Nos went from 36 to 50 in a day or so, but it was HOURS.  Immediately after, I made PLVRIZR, my first stone tank and my first ever tank to 50.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present