Ninja MM Smoke Bomb appears to be broken

Ynaught

For some reason, Smoke Bomb in the Ninja MM set is causing all the mobs aggro to be focused on the MM without any attacks being used to actually cause aggro.

Currently using a lvl 50 Ninja/Electric combo on Test and I'm getting aggro from mobs 20-ish levels lower than me when the power is used. I could see getting the aggro from mobs that normally would see me as a threat, ones -4 levels and up, but lvl 32's aggroing on a lvl 50 seems a bit strange.

The pets are on Passive so they are not attacking, even once the mobs aggro on me. If I dismiss the pets and use Smoke Bomb, nothing happens at all. So it would appear that Smoke Bomb is alerting mobs and acting as an attack despite it saying on City of Data that the power nor any of its effects notify mobs.

On a bit of a side note, for some reason Crey Protectors, not Paragon Protectors, are aggroing on me despite me being nearly 20 levels above them. None of the other Crey mobs aggro so there must be something special with the Crey Protectors that they see me as a threat.

Hello, my name is Ynaught and I am an altaholic.

• 4 weeks later

I've got smoke grenade on my blaster and any group that has stealth powers seems to get aggro'd by it, that means Knives of Artemis, Malta, even Crey now. It makes the power pretty useless for stealth purposes at high levels. I'm not sure if this was an intended change or is broken but the description still reads that enemies won't be aggro'd by it.