Can we control NPC aggression?

VioLight

So I'm doing a tip mission. Doc Quantum is being himself, rescue a longbow from Arachnos. This Longbow, naturally, is aggressive AF once rescued and has something like 2000000/2000000 vision. I rescue them, they aggro a group. And another group. As an ambush hits me. Which all together is more than my character (NOT 50, NOT fully slotted) can take by far.

There was absolutely no need for that death. At least THIS NPC, for better or worse, was invulnerable (so why am I rescuing her? She soloed a spawn while I hit the hospital.) And we've got other missions where NPCs you HAVE to rescue run off and get themselves killed.

Can we PLEASE get an option to tell combat or "helper" NPCs to not help and just go to the exit, or at least follow and not fight if you don't need the help?

Full of bright ideas?

Lady Grey in the crypt mission … I just stand there and she goes apesh!t into the COT.   Sadly the life of a hero is not an easy one….. 

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up.