Macros keep resetting to an earlier edit

ElFundio

Maybe I'm just not understanding something about how the saving/loading process works, but this is really annoying me. I've created a lot of macros for various things, and I keep finding that they've randomly been returned to an earlier state. Almost like an older profile has been loaded, but I don't see how. I'm not an expert at this kinda thing so maybe I'm just doing something stupid.

One example of this would be a macro I have to change costume and trigger rune of protection, among other things. The rune of protection was the last command I added to the string in a later edit. Randomly, with seemingly no pattern, I will hit the macro and the power doesn't cast, and when I go in to edit it, RoP has been removed from the end of the string. I've even tried deleting the macro and recreating it from scratch, complete with RoP, but still sometimes it reverts to the way it used to be. I don't know what's causing this and it's getting kind of annoying to keep having to stop and rewrite my macros which were supposed to be saving me time.

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure (haven't tested it), but there might be a char limit for macros...or a limit to the # of arguments

I've done some that worked the first time, but upon re-edit, part of the macro is missing, or it just doesn't function correctly anymore.

In those cases, I've removed an argument or text and it's worked fine...

This is anecdotal evidence, so take it with a grain of salt.  Hopefully there is someone more knowledgeable on the subject...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

• 1 month later

I am having a very similar problem.

It is beyond frustrating.

It seems to happen more frequently with longer macros, notably:

powexectoggleon Shadow Cloak$$powexectoggleon Super Speed$$bind lshift+lbutton powexecname Shadow Step$$gototrayalt 2$$powexectoggleoff Black Dwarf

keeps getting truncated to:

powexectoggleon Shadow Cloak$$powexectoggleon Super Speed$$bind lshift+lbutton powexecname Shadow Step$$gototrayalt 2

I'm spending 20 minutes at a time remaking the macros. Making the macro from scratch doesn't seem to help. Parts of my macros just keep disappearing (or are reverting to older versions of the macros).

It's probably just too many arguments for the Macro to store...There is a limit, and it might be 3?

Here's a great guide: http://www.dgath.com/coh/CoH-CoV-Technical-Guide-v271.pdf

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting