Fire/Radiation

TheOOB

My first toon I ever made when City of Heroes launched was a Magic Fire/Rad Controller with a sun theme, back before IOs and what not. Now I kinda want to remake that character, but I'm not really used to some of the changes since I last played over a decade ago(the sorcerery power pool for example). I was wondering if anyone had any decent starter builds for a Fire/Rad controller around. Do they still kills things with hot feet+chocking cloud? Is flight the wrong travel power to pick?

20 hours ago, TheOOB said:

My first toon I ever made when City of Heroes launched was a Magic Fire/Rad Controller with a sun theme, back before IOs and what not. Now I kinda want to remake that character, but I'm not really used to some of the changes since I last played over a decade ago(the sorcerery power pool for example). I was wondering if anyone had any decent starter builds for a Fire/Rad controller around. Do they still kills things with hot feet+chocking cloud? Is flight the wrong travel power to pick?

The most important change due to IOs is that you want to put a Knockback-to-Knockdown IO into Bonfire.  That turns it into an effective knockdown field, similar to Earthquake.  That IO turns a situational power into a badly needed effective control power.

You also want to plan to put a Lockdown +2 Mag Hold proc in Choking Cloud.  This gives you a greater chance to hold foes in the Cloud.

Fly is fine, but I usually take Mystic Flight over Flight because you get Teleport for free. OR, if you want full invisibility, then you can take Super Speed and add a Stealth IO.