Bad animation data, "your data might be corrupt", upon Island Rum launch

NanoBobs

Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone might point me in the right direction on this ...

I'm running Island Rum on macOS Catalina (10.15.7), and it's been working perfectly for well over a year.

Suddenly today, I'm getting this error:

File: player_library/animations/SHARK/STUN.anim

Bad animation data loaded. Your data might be corrupt, please run the patcher and try again.

I'm not sure how to "run the patcher"?  I've executed the "Re-scan" process from the Island Rum menu, and that hasn't changed anything.  I'm getting a crash to desktop every time I try to launch.  

I've restarted the machine multiple times, run that re-scan, etc., and at the moment it's just dead in the water.

Is there something I should be trying?  I'd appreciate any advice, many thanks! 

Your best bet it to install the launcher. Island Rum will be going away sometime in the future. Pull that bandaid off now.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

10 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

Your best bet it to install the launcher. Island Rum will be going away sometime in the future. Pull that bandaid off now.

Thanks!  I wasn't even aware it was a bandaid, good to know ...

The main installation thread points me right back at Island Rum, but I'm assuming I'd be looking for something like this (for my Intel-based Mac):

If I'm understanding this correctly, Island Rum is a convenient front-end, but there's a way to install the launcher application and then just use that directly?

Thanks again for the advice!