The ultimate support?

A3r0h

No Dark love here?  Ridiculous!

The set has -res, -acc, -dam, a group heal that does -regen, a pet that does all that too, plus the -regen of Howling Twilight (it rezzes people as a bonus).

Increasing damage through buffs or -res means nothing if your hard target just regenerates its HP faster than you can dish it.  No regen though?  Doesn't matter if you're only doing -1hp per second, that target will go down

(eventually)

On 9/26/2023 at 3:53 PM, Ringo said:

The set has -res, -acc, -dam, a group heal that does -regen, a pet that does all that too, plus the -regen of Howling Twilight (it rezzes people as a bonus).

Increasing damage through buffs or -res means nothing if your hard target just regenerates its HP faster than you can dish it.  No regen though?  Doesn't matter if you're only doing -1hp per second, that target will go down

(eventually)

As mentioned, controller /Dark adds ridiculous regen/recovery of defeated and alive mobs to the team near you and gives you team def/res in fade. Those 2 powers replace Fearsome stare (controllers don't need - Also in dark primary) and the power almost nobody picks. It literally gives more survivability, with the 2 powers, than scrapper secondaries excepting the debuff resist and mez protection. It also does that for the teammates near you. 

It also gets all the rest of /dark. 

Edited by bustacap

On 9/26/2023 at 4:53 PM, Ringo said:

(eventually)

Somewhere up above I had Dark/ as my 3rd fave defender primary. It is a solid Defender set -- my mistake was paring it with /Water which just isn't working for me. One of my main heroes on live was a Dark/Rad defender....I think I am about to re-roll my Dark/Water into Dark/Rad (or maybe Dark/Dark to capitalize on the -to hit). 

Dark/ is fantastic -- its one of my favorite original sets. It was actually bomb back on live. But some of the newer Defender sets do outshine it (Cold and Nature to be specific -- I do hate playing Electric). I understand why it is underplayed -- it is a nuanced set and you really only shine if you know how to use it well. It has the best rezz power and the best targeted heal (number wise I believe, correct me if i'm wrong). 

Well back to my Dark/ drawing board to replace /Water.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Renatos

Main Defenders on Everlasting:

Liza Frost - Lv.50 Cold/Ice; Tara Sonara - Lv.50 Nature/Sonic; Voice of Gaia - Lv.50 Sonic/Sonic; Tenebrous Tide - Lv.50 Dark/Water; Elloria Neutrina - Lv.50 Empathy/Radiation;

Hailblast - Lv.50 Storm/Storm; Elektra Cross - Lv.50 Electric/Electric; Agent Sureshot - Lv.50 Trick Arrow/Electric; Agent Blayze - Lv.46 Thermal/Fire; Twilight Servant - Lv.42 Time/Dark; Commander Trax - Lv.29 Traps/Beam Rifle