Question on controllers and Intuition (Alpha incarnate)

Shadewe

TLDR: Does choice of primary matter in regards to intuition specifically +def debuff?

I admit in advance I'm not 100% sure if this is important or not.

Looking at intuition at the end, it gives you +hold (nice), +range (nice), and +def debuff (???). Two questions here:

1) Is it important which primary/secondary you have as for example fire/emp (just an example) has no def debuffs, so this class can't utilize the +def debuff.

2) If it is important, should one tailor one's classes around this point? For example, as far as I know only Earth control that has -def. Am I "taking a hit" by not playing an Earth controller? I actually like Earth so to me it's not a big deal, but going back, if I take a fire controller vs. and earth controller, and thus can't take advantage of that +def debuff, am I losing enough to make it a big deal or not?

Good question!

Honestly, in my opinion, there's nothing wrong with your choice (or anyone). They have a different opinion of choosing specific alpha slot.

Do you have End issues? Go Cardiac.

You want increase hold duration and defense debuffs? Go Intuition (Though I'm not sure if that affects Earth's secondary debuffs, do they stack? Also, This one seems good for any Rad)

Want more accuracy, hold duration, and defense buffs? Go Nerve.

Vigor is really nice with more healing and end reduction.

Spiritual is awesome with increased Recharge, Stuns and Healing.

You just need to compare your powersets and alpha slots.

For me personally, I took Spiritual on my Plant/Nature/Stone. Vigor seems overkill for /Nature (so many regen/healing). I realized I want more recharge on Overgrowth so I can uses it often. Nature Affinity is very underrated powerset. It's really fun and strong, especially with Overgrowth and Wild Growth. It's a shame a lot of people don't pay attention. :P