Is Proton Sweep area of effect incorrect?

friiar

I have just started playing with Rad Melee Proton Sweep. i was drawn to it because it operates like Sands of Mu as a melee cone but with a wider arc per the in game information. The area of effect on both reads 7 foot radius in X degrees. Not that i have this character in the low 20s and i am facing 5 to 8 NPC at a time i am noticing that it is NOT operating like the tool tip explains. a typical Mu strike for me hits 3 NPC, 2 stacked front and behind each other and a typical 3rd on the left or right. Proton sweep should have the same field but wider in a 75 degree arc to hi 2 to 3 side by side plus an additional going deep. It is not. it appears instead of being 30 degrees wider it is hitting 30 degrees more narrow. i cant get side by side hits but i can get front to back stacked hits. it also feels like it is 5 foot in radius not 7.  Now that i am watching it i will try to get a top down screen shot of it in action to add to this thread next.

this is most easily seen when you run a +8 mission and get 100% surrounded.

Screenshot 2023-05-06 065250.png

At most it looks like it’s broken, at the least it may have been changed at some point and the stats not updated. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.