Error Loading Plist

Ninjahero

I get this same error every time I try and run the program. "Error Loading Plist". There are also several "One or More Files failed to download" messages as it rescans and downloads every time. I assume the Plist is among them.

Any idea how to fix the issue? Any help appreciated. Thank you.

I am running on a mac, so this is the Island Rum version.

Screen_Shot_2019-04-28_at_3_34.35_PM.thumb.jpg.8e2407372f412041f40f0c414b596d6e.jpg

Plist is something specific to macs I think.

I read something a few days ago about mac users on newerOS needing to use a dropdown to start the game so that all the package or something was used/accessible.

Also someone else just told me on discord that he thinks mac user need to be on High Sierra or Mojave builds.

Don't have time to day to investigate further today and I don't have a mac so can't help more for now.

Edit real quick:

If you are using an newer version of the MacOS you will have to open the program with the drop down menu that is created when you use the other mouse button (it will also show Package contents) as the anywhere option no longer exists.

Source

You could always take a look at the thread in this forum, source just above, and look at the last two pages as they are recent even though the thread itself is old.  Might give you some insight.

Any more on this?  I also have error loading plist after a rather long and slow download where many files errored.

SillyGreenMonkey, I finally got it to work.

I had to download the game as a torrent. Then download Island Rum. Place them all in the same folder in my Applications and suddenly Island rum downloaded the files with no missing files. You'll know instantly as the first file downloaded does so without an error. Hope this helps.

Any more on this?  I also have error loading plist after a rather long and slow download where many files errored.

SillyGreenMonkey, I finally got it to work.

I had to download the game as a torrent. Then download Island Rum. Place them all in the same folder in my Applications and suddenly Island rum downloaded the files with no missing files. You'll know instantly as the first file downloaded does so without an error. Hope this helps.

Pretty much what my guide says to do.  Maybe your initial download was corrupted somehow.

• 1 month later

Sorry for reviving this thread, but I want to post the fix/workaround for anyone else who comes across this. You need the unzip the CoH client before it installs. Otherwise IslandRum will download the files, but it has nowhere to put it, so waste a lot of time doing nothing.

• Install IslandRum.
  • Make a "City of Heroes" folder in your /Applications folder.
  • Run IslandRum. It will ask if you want to download the Game Client. Click OK.
  • When IslandRum finishes downloading the Game Client, you will see "macclient.zip" in your "City of Heroes" folder. Unzip that file and it will create a file called CoH with Statesman on it.
  • Quit and restart IslandRum.
  • IslandRum will download the files and add them to the CoH launcher. You will know this is working because the CoH file size increases with each downloaded file. Mine started at around 460 MB and ended at over 5.44 GB.
  • Once it finishes downloading, you won't see the "error loading plist" message anymore. IslandRun will try to launch CoH.
  • If CoH still doesn't load after this, try running the WineskinLauncher app inside CoH. If you look inside the package contents it's at Contents/MacOS/WineskinLauncher.

Good luck to anyone reading this (and hopefully the Mac client still works in 10.15)