White Screen appears and game stops responding after switching instances

Dogooder

I'm running the game on a very old computer. On medium load servers this can cause slowing and stuttering in some places like AP (if lots of people are there, and sometimes in situations. where I'm in the middle of combat zoomed in. Usually it's no real problem. Sometimes when I switch instances in mission and there is combat in the new instance-like exiting an elevator where people are fighting my screen will go white (after showing a cloudy image of the new instance) and the program will stop responding.

Is there anything I can do graphics wise to lessen the load so that it doesn't crash? (I'm assuming that is happening but honestly do not know why. This is the second day in the row it has happened and it's embarrassing to drop out of a team mission b/c of this). Thanks for the help.  

Under Menu / Options there are a bunch of settings you can adjust. If Ultra Mode is enabled I would disable it and move most of the detail and effects sliders to a lower setting until you find a level that allows normal gameplay. You can always tinker with these later but need to find something the Processor can handle. Shadows and ambient Occlusion can be taxing as well.

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

9 hours ago, Marine X said:

Under Menu / Options there are a bunch of settings you can adjust. If Ultra Mode is enabled I would disable it and move most of the detail and effects sliders to a lower setting until you find a level that allows normal gameplay. You can always tinker with these later but need to find something the Processor can handle. Shadows and ambient Occlusion can be taxing as well.

I tried this and will relook at it given your suggestions. Thanks for your help.