NEW CHIP! AMD Ryzen 5600 X3D???

Hyperstrike

If you're looking for a mid-range CPU with gaming "grunt".

AMD and Microcenter are going to be doing a VERY limited launch (as in, you have to be in driving distance of a store) for a last-gen X3D (more cache) chip.

These are not "new" chips.
These are actually from a bin of defective 5800 X3D parts.
They've had the defective cores burned out, passed stability testing and van live again as a  lower class of chip.

The chip should be available and any Microcenter location for $230 (the 5800 x3d iis still currently about $300)

Any chipset that can run a 5800 X3D chip can run this.
And some boards way receive a final BIOS update for more tuned support of the chip.

Is this a blazing performer?
Compared to the newer 7000 series chips?  No.
But if you're looking for better performance on an older platform, this is a viable option and has the added bonus of not contributing to e-waste.

5600x3d.thumb.jpg.8b0f7941f7b7383d20be46a1a4dcb8a6.jpgindex.php?action=dlattach;topic=30048.0;index.php?action=dlattach;topic=30048.0;

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Can confirm: Microcenter will allow online payment but you have to pick up the order in person.  Super limited stock and once it's gone, that's it.  One chance, no restock coming.  The buzz around this is simple: graphics-wise, this is similar to Steam Deck and ROG Ally visuals.  So for a budget system, this is a good move if you want to wait and see on graphic cards for a bit.

Also: like any budget system, check your motherboard TDP before diving in; the CPU can't exceed the motherboard limit if you want it to work.  I got a cheap motherboard with a 65W TDP limit so this is a no-go for me without planning out another whole system.  (BIOS updates that add CPU support are great, don't get me wrong.  But they can't up wattage output.)

Inactive account.