Build for Fire/Time/Fire Blaster

jhw668

On 7/17/2023 at 2:14 PM, jhw668 said:

First character to 50

Congrats on your first 50! It'll get easier from here now that you have a 50 to fund your other alts.

I looked at your build. I have comments.

A full set doesn't always mean the most benefit. This game like many others is about stacking similar stats. And the set bonuses are those stats. In this game the two main stats that people build for are:

Defense

Recharge

Recharge is straightforward, the more is better, until you hit a point of diminishing returns. In general if you can hit 90-100% global recharge bonus that's really good, more global recharge bonuses past that point fall off in effectiveness and bang for the buck.

Defense is more complex, there are multiple vectors for defense and people usually focus on 1 or 2 on non-defense oriented ATs/combos. There are a few strategies with blasters.

1 - if you just want to keep at range and shoot and avoid melee, range defense is a catch all and it'll cover 80% of ranged attacks, some range attacks are flagged as AoE and will not check against your range defense. A popular strategy with pure range blaster is to build for high range defense and pick up a resist epic shield, so that anything that does get past your range defense hits for less.

2 - if you want to mix it up and punch face as well then my preference is Smashing/Lethal defense, which covers most attacks in melee range, PLUS range defense, which covers the stuff shooting at you from range.

Some examples of where you can clean up and optimize your slotting a bit, this is not what I would actually recommend, it just serves to highlight the general philosophy and approach to building:

If you want to stack stats then any slots past the desired stat you want to chase is unnecessary. take recharge for example

image.png.1cd7e2419e62fa5dc84724fd8df2f15f.png

image.png.058421c636d97c1a7f463c39836d4e79.png

image.png.ce10972447676525308905500d21c7c9.png

All these 6 slotted sets provide recharge at the 5th slot. The last slot doesn't provide any meaning synergy/contribution towards a build goal that's focused on recharge.

Also, the luck of the gambler Defense/Increased Recharge Speed takes up a SINGLE slot and offers 7.5% recharge bonus and you can slot up to 5 of them in a build.

That's the basics. I've done similar exercises with other posters on shoringup their build. If you fancy a read start here. Happy to help if you have any questions afterwards

• Like 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

Thank you for the reply and help. Also to the link. I'm going hover blaster, and haven't any great trouble with any of my missions so far with SO enhancements. So I'll probably go for the recharge bonuses.

It depends on how far you want to dial up the difficulty. You may or may not know this but you can set your difficulty. There's a speech bubble next to where you type in chat and you can set notoriety and select mob levels in missions relative to your level and the team size.

image.png.5cea1b8c0939d5e0690926338676cb59.png

You should have no issues with SOs with the default difficulty level for the most part. It's when you ramp up that you'll start noticing your survival taking a hit. However if you team a lot then your teammates can help out in that department.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!