Rad/Rad Enhancement Sets

Defiler66

Hi All,

I was reading the other posts about Rad/Rad defenders and I was curious if anyone would/could help me think through the endgame enhancement sets. My Rad/Rad (Sakura Sun on Excelsior) is my main and first toon to 50 so I'm just now figuring out all the endgame stuff.

I got the build below from someone on Discord, and it looks interesting, but the challenge i have is that I run on mac so I can't use mids reborn so I can't really dig into it in a way that makes sense. Any way I can get some advice on  what to choose and such?

I think my main challenge currently is that I really need to handle all the aggro i get from the debuffs and I'd love to dish just a bit more damage.

@Nemu Taking you up on your offer to help out!

Thanks all, I'm excited to dig back into CoH. Its just as great as I remember!

Rad:Rad Def build.png

10 hours ago, Defiler66 said:

I think my main challenge currently is that I really need to handle all the aggro i get from the debuffs and I'd love to dish just a bit more damage.

Hi Sakura Sun, happy to help!

First let's define the scope and the game plan:

As I mentioned in game one of the easier routes to bump up your survival is building for defense. If your primary playstyle is ranged then high range defense is a good build goal.

Accelerate metabolism is a cornerstone buff and people gravitate towards making it perma when building radiation emission.

The build in the screenshot is primarily focused on recharge and damage via damage procs. But it has questionable omissions in IO sets such as the other Defender Archetype Origin set (Superior Vigilant Assault) that gives 10% global recharge at just 3 slots. One thing it definitely does not have is the kind of survival that aligns with your goals.

My mids export is erroring out so I'm attaching a build via PDF. This version is the "no expense spared" version

Expensive Rad Rad.pdf

On Page 4 you will see the stat breakdown. Notice the 45% range defense - that's the softcap for most content and it means most mobs will have only a 5% chance of hitting you with a ranged attack. Notice that on top you also have 74% smashing/lethal damage resistance, which is the most common damage type in the game. Notice further down you also have 85% recharge resistance, which means that enemies that apply slows will not instantly neuter your powers recharge timer. This is especially important for accelerate metabolism, as your endurance management depends on it.

Hasten and Accelerate metabolism are both perma and you will have one hard hitting single target hold in dominate.

The downside to this build is that it uses quite a few expensive Winter IO sets and Purple sets. If you work up the budget it can be something to work towards.

Alternatively you can accomplish similar survival/recharge goals without the slow resist through much cheaper IOs:

Cheaper Rad rad.pdf

The cost difference between the two builds is around half a billion inf. Performance wise, you will start feeling "super" with the cheap version.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!