The Immortal Dead

C U R S E

15 hours ago, C U R S E said:

So you are right you play to the strengths of your Pets and the Secondary you choose. Necro strengths are Resistance of course and the beefed up HP pool and healing. As far as a personal choice for defense I have built for that and achieve close to 32% to S&L with Scorpion shield, My personal regeneration is at 33 HP a sec. on a MM with 1020 HP total and also you factor in the Heals, which are sweet. The corpses also have Life drain and that also adds into their sturdiness as well. The Healing, Regen, and Resistance is essentially layered and that is how I built this MM. Remember the pets have -to hit as well and that factors in  as well, so in my opinion with this build, its true and tested. Recharge intensive pets is slotted in soul extraction for the recharge bonus and with 94% global it will be up pretty quick for you. Defensive secondaries are fine, but you are not playing to the strengths of Necro as a set at all in my opinion. 

Well I am, just not with /pain.

Linadriel V4 Mastermind (Necromancy - Force Field).mbd

Wish I had more slots though, that's the main problem when building this. But it's a bit offtopic from how to build /pain.

Have you run this build against hard content? 

On 8/23/2023 at 6:36 PM, Onlyasandwich said:

Panacea proc belongs in Suppress Pain. Here, it will proc not only on yourself, but pets and allies within radius. There is no advantage to putting it in DE.

Personally I find the tiny amount of regen offered by Numina and Regen tissue pretty bad return for slot investment on a MM, as Pet HP isn't all that high. Even at max level with DE fully enhanced for heal, you're talking like 2-3 hp per second for each unique on the lich, and even less for the lower minions. You are better served maxing the heal enhancement of DE, then using those slots elsewhere for damage procs, slow resist, personal end support, or other places you find interesting. I haven't verified with my own testing, but I saw someone say that they found slotting DE for endredux also reduces the end consumption of Necro pets, which would be a worthier return for Pet endurance if you find that an issue. 

Personally, I slot DE with one 53 Golgi and a +5 Heal IO. This helps me save on recast mid battle when having to resummon, gets near enough to ED caps, and if the end trick actually works hey why not, that too.

Do double Golgi on Necromancy, since the End reduction works on pets for whatever arcane reason.

Regenerative Tissue: +Regeneration is nice if you can spare a third slot.

I have been leveling my incarnates and I do run these corpses through Dark Astoria and they do just fine. Slotting for Necro is very slim indeed, because of the Dark Empowerment and Enchant Dead can now be slotted with Healing and Resistance. There really is no room for patrons or much else, but what you do get in return is pretty sweet.