Ice/Ice question

QuiJon

So I got bored and decided I needed another Dominator but I wanted to try something I really have never done before. I messed around with ice blasters in the past so kind of knew what I was getting there, but never have tried ice control before and I am a sucker for  theme so the prospect of an icex3 dominator feels good.

So he is up to 32 now. And I did a respect to move slots around so Jack could instantly get some slotting. As I leveled up I did notice what seems to be an abundance of really what appears the same power. In control set I can take artic air which essentially is a -spd -rech plus a weak confuse and fear, and shiver (I think it was called) that was a cone -spd -rech. Then in the assault set there is cold domination, another toggle like artic air of -spd and -rech but no fear or confuse and a helluva lot cheaper to run. These three powers seem like in and of themselves superfluous to take them all. On the respec I went only with arctic air but as I play more and watch for the confuse bubbles I just don't see them very often and when I do it doesn't even seem long enough to really have mitigated even one attack. I don't recall the fear saying if it had the typical -tohit that most other fears I have seen does, but I don't recall seeing that able to be slotted so again, would a base level debuff with the fear run away really be worth the almost 1 end a second cost to the power?

So I am throwing this out to people with more experience in this set at high level to answer. Is arctic air the way to go, and if so do you skip the other similar powers or do you stack them all up and run both toggles and still hit them with the cone? Or what is the general thinking on how to do power choices and slotting.