Glue Arrow does not prevent enemies from jumping and certain enemies can fly over it

TimesSeven

On 10/31/2023 at 10:07 PM, TheZag said:

I doubt the devs programmed in any specific avoidance of glue arrow.  If it interacts with pathing beacons (mobs move around obstructions) or the fact that mobs jump when they cant get where they are trying to go fast enough (they jump when obstructed by another mob) would be purely coincidental and not intentional.  That doesnt make it less frustrating,  but the devs never had a vendetta against glue arrow.

Unfortunately,  power descriptions arent written by anyone,  it pulls the power data from the game and displays it.  -50000% just means 'their jump height is set to minimum'.  Not that their jump height will be .001 millimeter,  it will be whatever that particular NPCs minimum jump height is.

I find use out of it but only when i use the /powexeclocation target macro.  

I would agree with this, but I don't see the same thing happening with Ice Slick, Freezing Rain, Caltrops, or Oil Slick. My three mains use those powers and I've never seen NPCs jump over them -- fly over them, yes. Jump over them? No.  That -fly is I think the reason why that "avoidance feature" was written into it. Again, if that were the case, shouldn't they be doing the same thing with Tar Patch?  I guarantee that NPCs aren't jumping over those -- though I can't be certain with TP as I don't play it much anymore. I play Ice Slick and Freezing Rain weekly and have NEVER seen it. 

That -50000% is misleading. Imagine if you had a power that gave you 50,000% defense, yet due to a written subroutine, everyone who aimed at you could hit you. There would be rioting in the streets! LOL. Not that much different with this ability.  Besides, saying that the NPC's jump height is set to minimum and then giving them the ability to jump over everything as they normally could, is pointless. 

I'll say it again... this is an out and out deception at this point. I'm certain that everyone on this forum can agree that the description IMPLIES that this is a major debuff to jumping. Run speed is -90%, movement speeds are -90%, and a 10% debuff to fly. Those are huge numbers right there -- but at the bottom it says, "By the way, we give a negative FIFTY THOUSAND percent to jump height"  and the player thinks, "This is great! If ninety percent slowed them to a walk, fifty thousand will prevent jumping completely."  NOPE. 

It's deceptive. Just remove the stat.  

On 11/1/2023 at 1:06 AM, Wavicle said:

Glue Arrow is pretty important on a TA Defender or Corruptor to keep enemies in the patches. It's not going to keep them around a corner, but it will keep them from spreading out too much. In addition, the -Recharge is very important.

It may not be good at doing what you've been trying to do with it, but it is quite useful for what it actually is good at. I wouldn't drop Glue from any of my TAs, with the possible exception of a Controller with powers in the primary that accomplish the same thing.

Glue Arrow doesn't do anything that Oil Slick doesn't do better. Oil Slick slows, debuffs defense, causes damage, has KD, and also has a -50000 jump height.  It's better in almost every way. 

The -40% recharge doesn't stack so, while it's nice, doesn't make up for the pointlessness of GA.  And just like EVERYONE else has said on the board, using Oil Slick's -50000% jump height debuff in conjunction with Glue Arrow, WON'T stop the enemies from jump anyway. So it makes this ability a wash. And if the ability doesn't work on corners or as a stop-gap then unless you plan to stand in front of them and let yourself be a target, I don't see a real use for it. 

However, it does have ONE small redeeming characteristic -- if you proc Ice Mistral's: Chance for Cold Damage, then it becomes a weak AOE attack -- IF it ticks. And since the slow doesn't stack, well...

6 hours ago, TimesSeven said:

Glue Arrow doesn't do anything that Oil Slick doesn't do better. Oil Slick slows, debuffs defense, causes damage, has KD, and also has a -50000 jump height.  It's better in almost every way. 

The -40% recharge doesn't stack so, while it's nice, doesn't make up for the pointlessness of GA.  And just like EVERYONE else has said on the board, using Oil Slick's -50000% jump height debuff in conjunction with Glue Arrow, WON'T stop the enemies from jump anyway. So it makes this ability a wash. And if the ability doesn't work on corners or as a stop-gap then unless you plan to stand in front of them and let yourself be a target, I don't see a real use for it. 

However, it does have ONE small redeeming characteristic -- if you proc Ice Mistral's: Chance for Cold Damage, then it becomes a weak AOE attack -- IF it ticks. And since the slow doesn't stack, well...

But Oil Slick is on a very long recharge and Glue is easily up all the time. So you can't use Oil Slick on every group to keep enemies contained. But hey, if it doesn't work for your playstyle, then drop it.

21 hours ago, Wavicle said:

But Oil Slick is on a very long recharge and Glue is easily up all the time. So you can't use Oil Slick on every group to keep enemies contained. But hey, if it doesn't work for your playstyle, then drop it.

Well, as an Ill/TA controller, I'm slotted for recharge, so I get it almost every thirty or forty seconds. Otherwise, you'd be exactly right, it just wouldn't come up enough. Fair point

Hypotheses: perhaps the reason NPC's can jump over GA is because it doesn't have an "effect."  Ice slick has KD -- as does Oil Slick. Both Oil and Caltrops cause damage -- and Caltrops causes fear/panic.  Since there's nothing directly affecting the NPCs except a slow effect and a minor -recharge, maybe that's the reason. It's just not a big enough "threat" to avoid. If that's the case, maybe the only usable options are the proc it with damage enhancements or to just "Drop" it on enemies  instead of using it as a slow.  Then it becomes a huge AOE.

I wonder if it would proc reliably? And for the entire group?

Thoughts?

13 minutes ago, TimesSeven said:

Well, as an Ill/TA controller, I'm slotted for recharge, so I get it almost every thirty or forty seconds. Otherwise, you'd be exactly right, it just wouldn't come up enough. Fair point

also keep in mind you get Glue many many levels earlier than oil slick. So I could totally understand someone eventually dropping glue at high levels.