[City of Roleplay] Recruitment Fair

Ruin Mage

DETAILS

• WHERE: City of Roleplay base [Code: ROLEPLAY-32140]
  • WHEN: March 9th & March 10th
  • WHAT: A RP-SG/VG recruitment fair / Roleplay "event"
  • HOSTS: Shadeknight (@Shadeknight), Crystal Dragon

So most of you might remember this event: The Recruitment Fair hosted by myself & the City of Roleplay Discord. I've decided to make a new thread for it to go over all the details & be used for every Fair going forward. This one to close the year will be our fifth one since we've started - a big milestone in my eyes.

By the time we run our sixth we should have a base for it, but for now? We're going to be using the Wharf across two days. This means that each "side" gets a day dedicated to themselves. This is something we're trying for the fifth run to see if we can manage it for future fairs or not. Every fair from this one on will be trying / re-introducing things to find the perfect/close-to-perfect solution.

This time we'll be more open to what sort of groups show up. The past couple of years we were heavily attached to the idea of superheroes & supervillains, but now? Now the doors are wide open! So long as a group fits with the day they can show up.

DAY 1
A gathering of those that operate within the realms of heroics and lawfulness.
Alternatively: Groups that operate within Paragon City or the surrounding areas.

DAY 2
A coterie of the seedier side of the world.
Alternatively: Those that operate within the area of the Rogue Isles.

EVENT RULES

1. Recruitment Ads should be posted in Broadcast. They should not be posted more than once every ten minutes.
  2. No group is to use a bot / ad-bot character when showing up. Dual boxing should be kept to a minimum if possible.
  3. Be respectful to all attendees and the hosts of the event. We're all here to enjoy the roleplay and make connections.
  4. Concerns should be brought privately to Shadeknight/Occult/whatevercharacteriamon

Edited by Ruin Mage
  • Like 1

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

• 1 month later
  • 2 weeks later
  • 1 month later
  • 1 month later

So our base builder has been hard at work as I've shown in various little teases. Enough so that they've given me the information I need to change where we're hosting the March Recruitment Fair. That is right: We are going to be hosting it within the City of Roleplay base. The dates and the times remain the same, but the location has changed--a new flyer will come sometime soon with this updated information. We would not have been able to do this without the base builder Psi and their hard work over the past few weeks.

A major thanks to the Scourge community for also helping us fund Psi for their hard work!

The base is set up to have areas for supergroups to place themselves without too much issue. We won't be doing a 'reserve your spot' or banners within the base, but that may be a topic revisited for another Fair. The old rules (which I will repost) still apply within the Base--though some new ones may crop up between now and the week of the event. If your group intends on attending and is open to new members? I ask you post on our forum thread so that I can gather a list. Optionally you may include a small blurb about the group's concept. This will come in handy both for expected attendance and for a later forum post. If your group is attending just for the roleplay/to support the event and ISN'T recruiting? You do not need to post this information. We appreciate your support <3.

The base code won't be released outside of the admin team just yet. We're noooot quite ready to fully show it off beyond a few screenshots. We hope people enjoy the base, the event, and all things that come from the two nights. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please feel free to post them or send them my way in DMs.

• Like 3

unknown.png

The new flyers are updated and ready to go!
(Yes, I made two versions, had a little fun with the clip art in the first design and made a second one with less visual "clutter" for text clarity. I'll let @Ruin Mage upload them when he's ready.)

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

You can drop that your group is attending here or in the City of Roleplay Discord.

You can also just show up, but I might end up assigning booths to those that sign-up ahead of the 9th and 10th.

unknown.png

Woops, small issue with the flyer folks!

Base code is meant to be ROLEPLAY-32140, not 104

Sorry!

• Haha 1

unknown.png

• 1 month later

Will try to make the next one if you guys are doing it again!

"I wear these colors for me. Not for the government, not for any partisan group, not for any ideological group-think and certainly not because I think I'm #$%@ing superior to anyone else! And other Americans may not feel the same way, some justifiably or not, too angry to represent. And as long as they're not hurting anyone else, there's nothing wrong with that, which puts you a mother%#@&er like you out of the category! I like the people here, man. Even those with struggles and life experiences different from mine. I want to help them be as happy as I am, as they can possibly be. You're going to remember that every time you see these %^#ing colors, Omniphase." -American Speedster, from "Harder, Daddy" Chapter 1 of the "Philippine-Born, U.S.A. Forged" series (Fanfic Available To Read Soon!)

smalltest.gif.7df6e0a71c65153fcf129f2969385929.gifsmalltest2.gif.39789b240e468d9875cc1288a2fbb60d.gif