DA/Kat - Hoping for build suggestions/optimization

Six Actual

I had a Scrapper version when the game was live and I loved it! Yes DA is end heavy but with IO's and Cardiac Core I never had end issues. Hoping someone can critique this and maybe help me optimize it more. Cost isn't an option. I should add, it will mainly be for solo play so I'm not counting on any additional buffs from teammates. 

Tanker (Dark Armor - Katana).mbd

3 hours ago, Psyonico said:

Honestly, your net end recovery is way too low.  You'll never be able to run all those toggles and actually attack.  I've attached my DA/Kat build for comparison.  I went Mu mastery for concept but you could easily swap out another APP. 

Tanker (Dark Armor - Katana).mbd 42.86 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks for providing something to compare mine to and the feedback. Does the Tank version use a lot more endurance than the Scrapper version? If it doesn't then my endurance will be fine. The build I posted was from my scrapper on Live and endurance was never an issue.

I generally don't play scrappers, so I can't comment on how it plays out, but here's some food for thought.

Your net End recovery per second is .3, meaning it takes a little over 3 seconds to get 1 endurance back

Gambler's Cut on your build has a recharge of 1.26 seconds and an arcana time of just under 1 second (.924 to be exact).  So, if all you do is cast Gambler's Cut once every 2.2 seconds you're using 1.99 endurance per second on attacks.

I'm too lazy to do the rest of the math right now, but hopefully you can see what the problem is.

If not, here's another way to look at it... that 4.37 end that Gambler's Cut costs would take 14.6 seconds to recover.  You do have conserve power to help with mitigation, but that only lasts 90 seconds and has a recharge of over 5 minutes.

What this team needs is more Defenders

1 hour ago, Psyonico said:

I generally don't play scrappers, so I can't comment on how it plays out, but here's some food for thought.

Your net End recovery per second is .3, meaning it takes a little over 3 seconds to get 1 endurance back

Gambler's Cut on your build has a recharge of 1.26 seconds and an arcana time of just under 1 second (.924 to be exact).  So, if all you do is cast Gambler's Cut once every 2.2 seconds you're using 1.99 endurance per second on attacks.

I'm too lazy to do the rest of the math right now, but hopefully you can see what the problem is.

If not, here's another way to look at it... that 4.37 end that Gambler's Cut costs would take 14.6 seconds to recover.  You do have conserve power to help with mitigation, but that only lasts 90 seconds and has a recharge of over 5 minutes.

Are you taking into account Cardiac Alpha? I checked the DA and Kat end values between Tanker and Scrapper and, luckily, they're identical. I was just on the Scrapper attacking a GM constantly and endurance is completely fine. Even with running Cloak of Fear which I typically only run situationally. So, I hear ya on the math but the endurance is fine. I could maybe run a different Alpha if i concentrated more on endurance management but I really want more defense and resistance values if possible. 

Cardiac Core will help a lot, I just turned that on in Mids and saw that your net end recovery becomes 1.1 end/second with Cardiac Core Paragon.  1.1 end/sec is pretty much the minimum net recovery I look for, so you should be good.

What this team needs is more Defenders

A Scrapper will do more damage unless you are factoring in AoEs against a large number of targets. This means they will get through a possible mob quicker thus using less end. I wouldn't play a build which only has .3% better recovery than end usage. I at minimum aim for 1% and higher without Incarnates factored in. 

Edited by Without_Pause

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."