Is Beam Rifle Buggy?

Keilis

I thought that the way things're supposed to work is that you apply the Disintegration effect with Disintegrate, and then several powers have a chance to spread that effect when used on a target already suffering from that effect.  In play, sometimes when I use my single-target attacks Disintegration Spread happens, even if I've made a point to not use Disintegrate.  What's going on?

Similarly, when I use Cutting Beam, several seconds later there's another visual burst and a sound effect that seems to line up with when the bonus DoT from Disintegration would expire, even though no attacks had been used previously.  Unlike the issue with the single-target attacks, though, this appears to be cosmetic, with no damage numbers coming up.  This one's particularly annoying, and I'm hoping I can silence that specific sound without muting the power entirely.

Bonnes from the old forums.

's doesn't make things plural

While I've not seen Disintegrate Spread more than maybe once a week ago on live happening without disintegrate when solo (do keep in mind if in a team that it WILL work off other people's disintegrations so multiple beam users on a team can really spread the love for each-other) as some one-off "wait a second I didn't...", it IS something that's happening a lot on the beta right now.

Also bugged on beta however is that disintegrate spread takes about half a second after the hit, and only if the target's still alive by then, which is a problem I pointed out especially in regards to Lancer Shot and Penetrating Ray's newly improved spread chances currently on Justin.

The noise though, I thought was the normal sound for cutting beam, so, if that's a bug, color me "all of the time" on that.

While I've not seen Disintegrate Spread more than maybe once a week ago on live happening without disintegrate when solo (do keep in mind if in a team that it WILL work off other people's disintegrations so multiple beam users on a team can really spread the love for each-other) as some one-off "wait a second I didn't...", it IS something that's happening a lot on the beta right now.

I ran Posi 1 on a Beam/Marty Blaster yesterday, and there was disintegrate spread all over against the Vahzilok,mostly because of the way everything bunched up -- I would hit an Eidolon with Disintegrate to maximize the likelihood that I'd be able to hit them again for spread before they dropped, and when I hit them again, I'd usually get four or more "disintegrate spread" popups, then Cutting Beam to catch everyone that it spread to, and "disintegrate" would go fountaining up with the damage numbers.

Running solo, it's harder to get the spread to work, because the spread range seems to be fairly short, and the mob you hit with Disintegrate usually takes off running towards you, pulling too far away from the rest of their spawn before you can hit them with a second attack to spread it. If you can hover above the group to use Disintegrate, so that the mob just runs back and forth under you and doesn't separate from their spawn, then it's much easier to spread disintegration.

No no I have no issues with using regular spread (I think it's radius around 15-20? They don't have to be all that bunched up but it won't reached the most spread-out lots) I was talking about disintegrate spreading from a hit on a non-disintegrated non-spread-to enemy.

As in, solo, in an instance, first attack on a fresh mob, see "disintegrate spread" pop up. Which I thought is what the OP was referring to. Happens quite a bit on Justin but I only recall one such hiccup total on live.