Input wanted on my Fire/Psi/fire build

Mr. Apocalypse

When I started playing on Homecoming, I re-rolled one of my old characters from when I played on Guardian server and slotted it as it was back in the day.  It was primarily a Nemesis map farmer and ran a bunch of ITFs, I really never got into the grove of playing it again, so it has pretty much sat untouched for almost 3 years now.  So much has changed since then, so I want to gut and rebuild it, without even looking at how I have anything slotted currently.

I poured over a bunch of builds that I found online and then tweaked one to my liking.

I think it looks pretty good, but as always, I am sure I missed something here or there, and would appreciate any feedback so I can make it the best it can be. 

Demonic Comic 3 - Dominator - Fire Control_Psionic Assault _fire Mastery.mbd

The files attached to this post offer another take on that kind of build.

Most of the defense offered by stealth gets suppressed while not stealthed (ie: after attacking, for example). So, to compare the builds you'll need to not count all but about 2% of the defense bonus from stealth, IIRC.

Some drawbacks for the build you've put together will be relying on force feedback procs to keep domination going (120% global recharge without force feedback procs from bonfire), recharge on the key drain psyche skill is probably lower than would be desirable (especially with such a high endurance burn rate), overall defense totals are probably toward the lower end (that can be compensated for in some ways, but not necessarily always), and damage could be noticeably higher.

The attached build doesn't fully resolve the challenges mentioned above. In particular, defenses are fairly similar overall for the build attached below. Taking barrier core destiny and melee core hybrid incarnate would probably be helpful for making either build more survivable.  

The attached build does offer good damage and it has enough recharge to support permadom without needing any force feedback procs.  Drain psyche recharges in about 35 seconds for the build attached below, in the absence of force feedback +recharge procs, while for the build in the OP drain psyche recharges in about 45 seconds, in the absence of force feedback +recharge procs. 

Fire Psi Fire Dom.pdf Dominator (Fire Control - Psi Assault - Fire Mastery),Vigor alpha.mbd

Edited by EnjoyTheJourney

53 minutes ago, EnjoyTheJourney said:

The files attached to this post offer another take on that kind of build.

Most of the defense offered by stealth gets suppressed while not stealthed (ie: after attacking, for example). So, to compare the builds you'll need to not count all but about 2% of the defense bonus from stealth, IIRC.

Some drawbacks for the build you've put together will be relying on force feedback procs to keep domination going (120% global recharge without force feedback procs from bonfire), recharge on the key drain psyche skill is probably lower than would be desirable (especially with such a high endurance burn rate), overall defense totals are probably toward the lower end (that can be compensated for in some ways, but not necessarily always), and damage could be noticeably higher.

The attached build doesn't fully resolve the challenges mentioned above. In particular, defenses are fairly similar overall for the build attached below. Taking barrier core destiny and melee core hybrid incarnate would probably be helpful for making either build more survivable.  

The attached build does offer good damage and it has enough recharge to support permadom without needing any force feedback procs.  Drain psyche recharges in about 35 seconds for the build attached below, in the absence of force feedback +recharge procs, while for the build in the OP drain psyche recharges in about 45 seconds, in the absence of force feedback +recharge procs. 

Fire Psi Fire Dom.pdf 106.7 kB · 1 download Dominator (Fire Control - Psi Assault - Fire Mastery),Vigor alpha.mbd 45.05 kB · 4 downloads

You are correct, that build is better in just about every possible way.  I wish it had the imps, because I really like those uncontrollable tittle monsters, but I guess i could do without.  The force feedback proc was one of the things I overlooked, in the build I started with, and I did realize how dependent the numbers were on it.