It gets lonely out there...

Squishee

2 hours ago, Snarky said:

the only time i teamed goldside was an SG "crawl" through all content.  that had it's own issues in that over weeks we lost peeps and it was very hard to keep everyone on the same mission that was doing the arc.  Goldside just be that way.

I just think that the Goldside content is less relatable for most folks.

Personally I feel it's great, but it's less "superhero" and it stops at a low level, it doesn't encourage teamage, and it is tougher per level - especially solo*

But I also think the bigger issue is that you can't engage easily with the content, however good it is because you don't know what colour your hat is. Are you a good guy? Are you a bad guy? Where is the moral compass in Praetoria? In Atlas, we know where we are, because we're in the CITY OF HEROES, and similarly with the Rogue Isles, we know what we are getting. But in Praetoria how do you even know what side to pick as an innocent inexperienced player?

That's not to say that the content is not brilliant. In fact I'd suggest some of it is outstanding. But it's tough to bond with people, when you don't know what they stand for. You have the Emperor Cole on one hand and some odd guy who runs a resistance group. Even if you know their Primal counterparts, what do they offer you as a player?

Going Rogue offered a lot of great stuff, but sadly I think in the area it failed most was the hook. It failed to engage at a visceral level that wanted you to go back and re-experience the content. That's made worse when it's so easy to run from 1-20+ in Atlas then switch sides at the snap of a finger and I think Homecoming and Score are partly responsible for that.

So in the end we got an expansion that everyone wanted and never played.

*for good reason - Original Devs wanted to make content that was harder for more experienced players

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

• 2 weeks later

I have most fun playing on Everlasting. Other shards have less entertaining conversations… I’m not a hardcore RP person but playing with other RPers makes the game more fun. I have two friends I play with on Exelsior (mainly farming) and everyone else I know is on Everlasting.

Edited by Azari