Tenkay's Standalone Log Combat Parser

WARNING - Alpha Code!

So I’ve had a little project for myself going over this holiday break that I thought I may as well share with whoever’s interested. This—as the name suggests—is a combat log parser program for CoH, to help give you a calculation of your DPS, Acc, EXP & Inf earned in addition to some other data. Features are fairly basic right now but otherwise it should more or less do what's written on the tin. Again, this is still ALPHA and testing done so far is pretty limited so expect there to be some occasional inaccuracies or crashes from edge cases.

What it can do

• Standalone program runs as a .exe
  • Log outgoing damage from yourself and from your pets
    • Calculate overall DPS
    • Split DPS into individual abilities and procs
    • Calculate the average damage per hit, per ability
  • Log hit accuracy, xp & inf gains and some other basic data
  • Live monitor your DPS or process an existing log.
  • Automatically split logs into combat sessions
    • The session duration is based on the first instance of damage dealt to the last instance
  • Create dummy data
    • Literally serves no purpose apart from helping me test the app or allowing you to see what the populated layout looks like

Limitations

• Regen is not traceable in any way through logs so the relative DPS gains from -Regen or -HP abilities cannot be tracked
  • Anything not logged to the chat log
    • Damage/Healing from other players that didn't impact you directly
    • Buff/Debuff numbers - the combat log almost never gives hard numbers to buffs/debuffs and status effects.

Planned Features

•  Player Damage Taken, Healing Taken/Received
  • Maaaybe some more advanced data displays such as graphs/charts.

Installation and Operation

1. Head on over to the GitHub https://github.com/dorematt/coh-combat-parser and head to ‘Releases” on the Right-hand side
    1. Download the CoH_Parser.exe file, ignore the rest as this is source code. (There is only Windows binaries at the moment)
  2. In-game, check your ‘Combat’ Channel and add in all combat related channels
    1. Right-Click to edit channel
    2. Move over all the combat fields if they’re not already there (Most likely, the pet combat fields won’t be included)
      1. If you don’t want to mess up or clutter that tab, you can make a new tab and put all the combat info in there. As long as all the combat data is being collected by at least one of your tabs, that data will be logged into the file.
    3. Save settings
  3. Make sure you have “Log Chat” enabled in the Options
    1. This is found under Options > Windows > Chat
  4. Run the .exe and browse for the log file
    1. Open up the directory where your game is installed to
    2. Then go to /accounts/_YOUR_ACCOUNT_NAME_/logs/
    3. Choose the log file you want to process or monitor (you’ll want the one dated to today if you’re running live)
  5. Hit 'Start Log' to begin monitoring live data or 'Process Existing Logto process the logfile's stored data.

You can name sessions by typing in Local chat ##SESSION_NAME followed by the name of the session (after you've clicked Start Log) 

Ongoing Development & Contributing

The GitHub page has all the source code that you are more than welcome to take a look at and even add your own alterations to. Since I’m far from any kind of expert with coding and repos I’m more than happy to take any advice and pointers. This whole project is more an exercise for me to  further my coding knowledge so this is basically held together with hopes, dreams & AI 😅

I have no idea what this is going to look like long term, though I’ll aim to at least get a cleaner, more stable version out with a few extra features and options and then see where things go from there.

For now, happy parsing! 😀

image.thumb.jpeg.d0b05ef0b50c8bf937d008365fab70d0.jpeg

Changelog

15-Jan-2024 - v0.0.5

• Added Settings to UI for adjusting some parameters such as combat session timeout
  • Session names can be renamed in-game by typing ##SESSION_NAME name in Local chat
  • Associated procs with powers
  • Capturing and separating flairs indicating bonus damage such as Critical or Shocked

Edited by Tenkay Volts
added changelog
  • Thumbs Up 1

InGame: @10kVolts    |    Tenkay's Log Combat Parser

Just pushed out a fairly significant update (v0.0.5) with several additions (a settings menu for one) as well as fixing the handling of damage with additional flairs such as Critical hits. There may still be some inaccuracies in some edge cases. I'm also putting together a list of powers that employ pseudopets that don't make much sense splitting out into their own character/pet. powers like Caltrops or Chain Induction for instance. If you have others that you come across let me know, or if you happen to have or know where a list of all the pseudopets abilities in the game are, that'd be amazing as well!

• 2 weeks later

15 hours ago, meanieoh said:

Just so you're aware, I received an anti-virus notification from Avast when attempting to install this:

image.png.dca62206dc861d81e6eabf4fd844e1c9.png

It could be a false positive, but did want to make you aware.

Thanks for flagging, I'll have a dig into why, seems a couple have flagged it on VirusTotal.

• Thanks 1