BA/RAD Brute Build/Leveling Guide?

javijuice

Hey everyone, complete n00b here returning to dabble in an MMO I didn't get to during live. I've been scouring all over and have been trying to find something that's beginner-friendly. After reading through the forums and trying to absorb as much info as possible - I think I've landed on a brute axe/rad that will be the first character I take to 50.

However, I'm not too familiar with how to prioritize what abilities to take from the power sets and in what order especially how the travel powers play into the build.

If anyone has any advice/build/guide on getting this going - it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance and happy to be playing this MMO again!

I would search an existing build and use it as an inspiration on what powers to aim for while leveling and what enhancements to get by looking at the general acc/dam/recharge/endurance on primary skills and similarly on defensive skills. 

You can see how much % each power has and try to reach a nice ratio. You won't hit the same targets since they'll be max level usually. But you get the idea.

Generally main attack powers need 1 Acc 1 End 1 recharge 2 Dam and the last slot is up to you. 

Toggle defense buff or resist sets you usually go for that stat and throw in an endurance or two. 

For recharge skills you try and find a balance between recharge and the applicable Stat for healing damage or whatever stat is provided.

I wouldn't follow it exactly. But you get a general idea of what skills are better and how to slot them. Play around with skills and if you don't like them, you can always respec.

Most builds posted are endgame builds but most of them grab critical powers you'll need either way.

I've done this for all my leveling builds. It let's you learn the powersets playing them and gives you goals to aim for. 

Edited by TinyJuggs