Least played ATs/powerset combos

Nostromo21

57 minutes ago, Psiphon said:

I'm not sure how Defenders can out  damage Corruptors, they've got lower base damage, lower damage caps and that's not even taking Scourge into account. 

Could you please explain this or point to the links that do? 

Damage aside, my alts tend to be vigilantes, as it fits best with my arrest philosophy. 😁 Making them as Defenders just seems wrong. 

Hey, I can argue the other side too 😊

I think it comes down to when solo they get the damage buff that makes their damage about equal (not including scourge).  Combine that with a tendency for defenders to have either greater -resistance debuffs or greater +damage buffs.  So, many times, especially solo, they actually can be more damaging than a corruptor.   In teams when defenders don't have that extra +30% damage, oftentimes it is more a wash or even leans more corruptor though, which is why you'll often hear people say Corruptors do better damage in teams. 

To throw another wrinkle in, proc damage is AT independent (and doesn't scourge) so that's another way defenders can help close the damage gap.

Anyway, any number crunching would have to take many different things into account, comparing multiple difference scenarios and comparing multiple different powersets and builds against multiple different types and ranks of enemies.  Anything that just says defenders>corruptors or vice versa on an AT wide basis I wouldn't put much faith in.

On 3/14/2024 at 12:13 AM, Psiphon said:

I'm not sure how Defenders can out  damage Corruptors, they've got lower base damage, lower damage caps and that's not even taking Scourge into account. 

Could you please explain this or point to the links that do? 

It depends on the primary/secondary combinations. However, two things can happen:

• Defenders don't need to make nearly the investment in meeting defensive goals, so they can afford to more heavily proc their attacks.
  • Defenders get better numbers on -resist and +damage which amplifies their damage.

You also have to consider the nature of Scourge. Scourge is relatively useless for (most) ultimates and for picking off individual enemies while moving through a mission. On the other hand, it's almost exactly a +30% upgrade in damage against an AV/GM.

• Thumbs Up 1