Martial Arts/Dark

DoctorDank

So I used to play this game as a pre-teen back before the closing of servers and have recently came back.  I didnt have much an understanding of what was meta or anything back then so I am on a learning scale right now.  I started a scrapper to mess around with my friend of the before mentioned class..  wondering how much they play into eachother if at all? Also will take any tips as I've never messed with dark armor before.

I had one back in the day and I really liked him, Dragon's tail does wonders to keep your foes inside your OG/CoF/DS range and now that the KB in Crane Kick can be turned into KD with an enhancement, it really tops the build.

I was going to roll a DB/DA but since finally went DB/Inv, I'm seriously thinking about re-doing MA/DA. just not sure which AT yet.

There is little to no particular synergy between those sets except:

-That dark adds early AOE damage, an area where MA is highly lacking

-Dark has stun toggle & MA has 2 or 3 "chance for stun" powers you can potentially stack

Regardless this combo is better on a Brute because Brute dmg auras do better dmg because of fury & have a taunt component to help keep enemies in range of the dmg aura, additionally Brute MA's storm kick provides 7.5 def to all types & positions.

Kat/DA is a very interesting combination since Katana def debuff pairs nicely with all DA auras. Of course, DM also works great since you stack To Hit Debuff in both primary and secondary. Ice would probably work nicely too, Ice Patch is a great way of mitigation keeping all foes inside your auras.

Still, Kat/DA is probably the best synergy.

What would you think would pair best with dark secondary as a scrapper? Im highly interested in leveling a hero in it to get a feel for its end game

I probably wouldn't make any dmg aura scrappers, when i could make them as brutes instead. That said Staff, Kat & BS will add stack-able melee defense to your considerable Resistences, & staff has a low endurance mode that should help to alleviate any of the endurance issues associated with Dark.

What would you think would pair best with dark secondary as a scrapper? Im highly interested in leveling a hero in it to get a feel for its end game

I probably wouldn't make any dmg aura scrappers, when i could make them as brutes instead. That said Staff, Kat & BS will add stack-able melee defense to your considerable Resistences, & staff has a low endurance mode that should help to alleviate any of the endurance issues associated with Dark.

Just to be clear - there is no primary to alleviate the endurance issues associated with dark armor. Staff included. Theft of Essence is the literal only sure fire way to properly mitigate the heavy endurance consumption.