"Cross Punch" (Fighting Pool) buffs not being applied to character. (Brute Archetype character)

Fitzcarald

Yes, I have boxing and kick.  Using a stopwatch to measure an ability's recharge, there doesn't seem to be any recharge rate bonus happening.  I suspect the to-hit buff isn't happening either.  When using the ability, the only thing that pops up in the buff list is a Fury buff icon (clicking info for it says Fury Taunt Inherent) for a split second ( on hit only, I believe)

Can anyone with boxing/kick enhanced Cross Punch please confirm if they have a recharge buff noticeable or a buff icon that pops up?  It may be a Brute only bug if it's bringing up that Fury Icon, maybe.  Note that this isn't the regular Fury icon that says Self +damage, special.

Thank you.

33 minutes ago, Fitzcarald said:

Yes, I have boxing and kick.  Using a stopwatch to measure an ability's recharge, there doesn't seem to be any recharge rate bonus happening.  I suspect the to-hit buff isn't happening either.  When using the ability, the only thing that pops up in the buff list is a Fury buff icon (clicking info for it says Fury Taunt Inherent) for a split second ( on hit only, I believe)

Can anyone with boxing/kick enhanced Cross Punch please confirm if they have a recharge buff noticeable or a buff icon that pops up?  It may be a Brute only bug if it's bringing up that Fury Icon, maybe.  Note that this isn't the regular Fury icon that says Self +damage, special.

Thank you.

I checked City of Data and the power data looks like it's supposed to. I checked on the beta server to be sure and I'm getting the expected 10% recharge buff and 10% tohit buff, according to this screenshot:

image.png.f1c457f70ba9ea803c47bede39178c5e.png

However, there's no icon that appears in the buff bar when these bonuses are active. An argument could probably be made for that to show in the buff bar, but the bonuses are working like they're supposed to, and this is far from the only stat-enhancing bonus that doesn't show up in the buff bar.

Edited by macskull

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

1 minute ago, macskull said:

I checked City of Data and the power data looks like it's supposed to. I checked on the beta server to be sure and I'm getting the expected 10% recharge buff and 10% tohit buff, according to this screenshot:

image.png.f1c457f70ba9ea803c47bede39178c5e.png

However, there's no icon that appears in the buff bar when these bonuses are active. An argument could probably be made for that to be made, but the bonuses are working like they're supposed to.

Were you a Brute Archetype?

4 minutes ago, Fitzcarald said:

Were you a Brute Archetype?

I wasn't, but I checked on a Brute as well. Same thing. The "fury taunt" icon that shows up in the buff bar is unrelated to Cross Punch and often shows up whenever you use any of your attack powers. Tankers have the same thing happen with their Gauntlet power.

image.png.b31b5e7d762b4a2d3782db0030b7fc8e.png

Hmm.  Then why can't I notice a recharge rate buff?  Are you able to?

EDIT:  Woah, woah, woah, according to your brute screenshot, the To hit bonus total and recharge time bonus total haven't changed even though the buff bonuses are showing up!

Edited by Fitzcarald

4 hours ago, Fitzcarald said:

Hmm.  Then why can't I notice a recharge rate buff?  Are you able to?

EDIT:  Woah, woah, woah, according to your brute screenshot, the To hit bonus total and recharge time bonus total haven't changed even though the buff bonuses are showing up!

Good catch. I thought that was weird so I double-checked. It looks like I grabbed the screenshot during an extremely small window of time where the combat attributes window hadn't updated my totals yet even though I'd used the power. Here's another screenshot with the same character, showing the bonuses working correctly. If you monitor your combat attributes you'll notice they usually take a fraction of a second to update everything and I just had an unfortunately-timed screenshot. I also enabled the option to show power recharge timers and see my recharge times reduce while the buff is active.

image.png.f7dcbd85ad72d659d8920c6cfc934345.png

Edited by macskull