New Mission: Steel Shadows: Praetor's Gambit Part 1

Steel Shadows: Praetor's Gambit Part 1. 

Story Arc ID: 59011

Made an origin story for my Praetorian android.  I would like for some people to do the mission and give me feedback and suggestions please.  I would recommend to bring at least a few friends along.  This is my first attempt at making an actual story mission.  I'm planning on doing more parts if this one goes well.  Thank you.

• Thumbs Up 1

A one mission arc:: the writing is a bit sparse but free of errors. The player takes on the persona of a Praetorian and goes into cyberspace? I think it's some sort of VR or something, although it's definitely filled with IDF. The player defeats 'mother', then clicks a glowie with a ~30 second interact bar. Then another glowie with a ~30 second interact bar, then another glowie, with... you guessed it.... a ~30 second interact bar. Then two EBs and it's done.

Would anyone care to guess my overall opinion of Steel Shadows: Praetor's Gambit Part 1? Guess. Go on, guess.

• 4 months later

Apologies for the delayed response.

Using clues to tell a story is a good idea. However, there is a catch: the author must keep track of multiple pieces of text in different locations. When combined with the AE's weird UI, errors can slip through. Errors like duplicated entries (Higgin's disk clue) or text abruptly cut off (download Aegis reward text) are common.

On 1/28/2024 at 11:20 AM, Morrigna said:

This is my first attempt at making an actual story mission.  I'm planning on doing more parts if this one goes well.

As for the suggestion, keep writing your story as long as you have time. Doing more parts only if the first one goes well may cause your character's story to remain unfinished.

Adding a quote from Scott McCloud, "Write what you want to read. You'll have more fun doing it - and if all else fails, you'll always have at least one loyal reader".

• Thumbs Up 1